Update from Salina point - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 01:38 PM

Update from Salina point

Well, we got here with a 45 ft container full of building materials the day before the hurricane, which dumped about 12 inches of rain on Acklins and washed the road away and leaving a couple five foot deep lakes. The guys worked right through the storm and we are well under way in just two weeks. The road has been rebuilt and the water is down, the creeks are salt water again so all is well!

I have been rather busy building, but last week several tarpon were hanging around the dock so we took 15 minutes to catch one much to the delight of everyone cleaning fish and lobsters. There have also been some nice bones hanging around but they will have to wait.

Cheeers!

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2007, 02:04 PM

Bob-excuse my ignorance,but what are you building?
Old 11-13-2007, 03:24 PM

Bob,
Glad to hear you are OK. I figured you were down there and wondered how you came out with Noel. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the new place. Keep us posted.

Malcolm
Old 11-13-2007, 04:56 PM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
Bob, thanks for the update. I know its tough to post from Acklins, but keep us informed on new lodge progress. While the bonefishing is first class, I'm really intrigued with the bluewater fishery you have been exploring. See ya next year.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:16 PM

Bob
Good to hear things are on track down there, Like Malcolm it would be nice to see some pictures when you have time.
Looking forward to my next trip with you and to sample again some of the great bluewater that you have
All the best Trev

Hi Malcolm Hope all is well with you as well ,I'm off to Christmas Island in January to have a crack at some Trevally , say hi to Bill if your talking to him.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:28 AM
In moderation

Hi Bob
I'm glad to hear that you have not been blown/washed away. It is a real shame with the new place.

I hope everything now is OK and that it is the end of the blasted hurricane season.

Pete
Old 11-19-2007, 06:55 AM

It was not a problem at all Pete, we got the stuff down before the storm and have been working non stop, even a couple weeks ahead to schedule. The folks in Salina point are all jacked up about more folks coming to stay here. They need jobs very badly and any little thing and any visit helps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.