CT/RI Coastal Fly Rodders - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 11:09 AM

CT/RI Coastal Fly Rodders

Thursday night I will be in Mark & Phil country giving a presentation on Tying Techniques.

If you're around the area please stop in. Presentation starts around 7:30. The general meeting starts 6:30. Hope to see ya there.

RI/CT Coastal Fly Rodders
Groton Elks Club
700 Shennecossett Road
Groton CT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Fly chucker

I'm sorry that I can't make it. I'm sure that your presentation will be well received, given your personality and knowledge.

Have fun.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:54 AM
resigned

Ray. See you Thursday night. Wouldn't miss it for the world! Please join us if you can. There is no charge. Lot's of interesting minds will be in attendence sharing local knowledge. Membership is open and the price is very reasonable considering the rewards. Here is your chance to see one of our own in action on the vise. Pm me if you would like to meet somewhere for dinner before the meeting. You can follow me there afterwards.

Phil
Old 11-29-2007, 10:28 PM
resigned

Great show Capt. Ray!

Capt. Ray wowed the CTRI Club with a wonderful and imaginative Power Point slide show (I want to see it again) with an awesome sound track of music custom tailored for the CTRI Club. The photos of his flies and visions on the water are some of the best I've seen in a fishing based presentation. First class all the way. And our own Slinger was captured in a portrait that was undeniably Steve in his elements. His business fliers disappeared like butter on hot toast. Capt. Ray has a killer squid pattern I can't wait to tie. Looking forward with great anticipation to his spring "Ice Breaker".

Awesome night Ray. Thanks again!

Phil
Old 11-29-2007, 11:22 PM
CantAnchorUs

I wish I could have attended but BPS dosen`t seem to be able to do without me! They got me doing 50 hr weeks right now and it`s killin me.
Slinger
Old 11-30-2007, 07:18 AM
resigned

Steve. They know a 'keeper' when they've caught one. No catch and releasing the Slinger. Happy Holidays Steve. Stay healthy, work and fish hard and soon you'll been running the place. I'm looking forward to seeing you this winter at the vise. You have some awesome stuff on hooks I need to learn how to tie as well. Let's pick a day when things slow down a pace and we'll have some fun. My son is after me for more of those DNA patterns you so kindly handed out at the Barn Island launch. Took him to Napatree on fott and he caught so many bass on it he forgot to tie on a new tippet and broke it off on a monster that eventually could not resist that fly.

A quote from the Basser................."Is that your rod the Captain caught that big fish on?" A classic. Fish for hours.....get skenked........hand the rod to Steve and he catches a legal bass on the first cast during the "Ice Breaker Clave" 2007.

Phil
Old 11-30-2007, 11:01 AM

Hi Phil,

It was nice to connect with you again and meet your club friends. My adrenaline was pumped for weeks preparing the show to tailor your clubs' needs. The personal touch adds to the importance of the program. Now they feel a connections and get excited. It gets contagious.

I've been teaching for 33 years and I still feel the excitement building inside like last night. Especially before a crowd you know. Nothing spurs the passion in people like music. It has inspired people in battle, wars, and competitions. Why not fly fishing?

Phil, have the warmest of holidays with friends and family.

Ray
Old 11-30-2007, 06:58 PM
CantAnchorUs

Ray, was that the same score you used at the Buzzards Bay Angelers last spring? That was truley a wonderful finish.
Slinger
Old 11-30-2007, 07:23 PM

Steve,

Same music score with one extra song.

Plenty of different slides this season to keep it fresh.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.