Plymouth 10-20 & 21 - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2007, 07:54 AM

Plymouth 10-20 & 21

Saturday I was working on the Motor for most of the afternoon, issues corrected. I took it out for a test run close to dusk and it was working great, so were the birds and fish, didn't even cast at them since I had to get back home and only had a 1/2hour to test things out.

Sunday - Wow, not so good. Attempted a search for tuna but the seas made it nearly impossible to see any surface feeding. Drove by a few fishy looking areas with birds on the way out but by the time we made it back inside it was bright, sunny and of course still windy. I don't usually fish in the daylight, most of the time it's dawn and dusk for me so Sunday's skunk may not be the end of the season. One thing that worries me is the eider(sp?) ducks have arrived and that often fortells the end of the season. Maybe it will keep going this year, the water temp is still 64-67 and I did see some chunkers hooking up mid day, just don't know when I'll get out next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Jonesin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW
Maybe it will keep going this year, the water temp is still 64-67 and I did see some chunkers hooking up mid day, just don't know when I'll get out next.
Jim,

Where you seeing those temps inside the harbor or out in CCB. I was seeeing 55-56 in the bay. Wondering if my gauge isn't working. Didn't note the temp on inside.

Thanks,

Sean
Old 10-22-2007, 09:41 AM

Jim,

You didn't have a Grego on board did you? That might explain things.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:45 AM
2hand canal ,conventional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW
Saturday I was working on the Motor for most of the afternoon, issues corrected. I took it out for a test run close to dusk and it was working great, so were the birds and fish, didn't even cast at them since I had to get back home and only had a 1/2hour to test things out.

Sunday - Wow, not so good. Attempted a search for tuna but the seas made it nearly impossible to see any surface feeding. Drove by a few fishy looking areas with birds on the way out but by the time we made it back inside it was bright, sunny and of course still windy. I don't usually fish in the daylight, most of the time it's dawn and dusk for me so Sunday's skunk may not be the end of the season. One thing that worries me is the eider(sp?) ducks have arrived and that often fortells the end of the season. Maybe it will keep going this year, the water temp is still 64-67 and I did see some chunkers hooking up mid day, just don't know when I'll get out next.
You should have concentrated your efforts for tuna outside and and just inside the canal east jetties Sunday morning, there were some real big tuna breaking on the schools of bluefish, it was quite the sight.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:42 PM

I was inside and out this morning, no birds, no bait, water temp was 56-57.
I only saw two free jumpers out in the bay up down and gone.
The SW wind kicked up and it was a wet ride back to Sandwich.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:49 PM

I was showing 64F @4miles due East of the Gurnet.
Hmmm, it would appear my temp gauge may be the one that's cooked. I'll test it against a good old fashion thermometer next time I'm out. I may just have to splash it tonight to make sure everything is OK

I did have Grego onboard - he mentioned something about OJOM. H Seems to think some sort of curse has followed him since he got that tuna with me.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:07 PM

Hey Jim, didn't want to say anything, but since the cat's outa da bag...
I think your temp guage went south over a month ago. Wasn't reading right during Boneclave.
Prolly should have spoken up then. Was thinking "maybe it's just me".
Sorry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.