Fly Fishing Forum banner

BoneClave 2000 Desision Time

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  craig 
#1 ·
Not to sound like a Meister but:

Time to get this thing solidified.
We need to at least nail a date. How about last years date? The weekend after Labor Day Sep 9,10. If not how about the weekend after that? I am in favor of strattling the weekend again like last year to help those with weekday or weekend preferences. Sun thru Tues? Sat - Mon?

**<b>We need to move from mild discussion to strong voting as time is running out**</b>

My vote: Sun-Mon. Sep 10,11. Anxious prefishers start on Sat. the 9th, latefishers stay thru Tues the 12th. (if fishing is good).

**<b><font size="2">LOCATION VOTES NEEDED</b></font><!--2-->**

Rhody is Juros thrust. Camping and motels, boats to Fishers I. and Watch Hill reefs. So far 1 boat (Tim). We need better unless the shore is it.

Washburn I. at Waquoit Bay only has site #11. In back near latrine. But not out of the question.

Horesneck Beach was Mentioned earlier. Ideas?

I looked into Cuttyhunk and thought about the Vineyard. Getting to Islands offers tough logistics to overcome.
<center><b><font color="00aa"><font size="2">

One Vineyard idea: </font><!--color--></font><!--2--></b></center> We could pitch in on a few 2 day car rentals on the Vinyard. At $30/day 5 guys per vehicle it's about $6.00 ea. per day. Ferry over is $10 R/T. Camp at the campground We'd have the whole Vinyard available!(offseason too).

Anyone got other options? Get out and vote.

See less See more
#4 ·
Al,
After seeing you this weekend asleep on the jetty, I know you are not joking! I vote for washburn as well, although last year really wasn't a bonito fest but rather an Albie/bass explosion.
Nick

#10 ·
My vote is Washburn. OK, I'm a little biased since I moor my boat about a 1/4 of a mile from the campsites. I would love to try for a repeat of last year, it was a trip I won't soon forget.

BYW.. The Bonito were at Hedge Fence this weekend chasing my white 1/2 oz Hairballs!! I got 2 in the boat and have been enjoying sushi for the past few days...YUM

Brian C

#14 ·
Hi Juro, Hi Terry,

It's good to here from you guys again. Yes, it is that time of year again, a little later than expected due to the weather, but the Bonito are definitely in the Vineyard Sound. Since they came a little late this year, I hope at least a few decide to hang around until the Clave!! If not, the Albies "should" be there for us.

I'm really looking forward to the event.

Brian C

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.