Acklins DIY - Page 2 - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 01:54 PM
UnderstimulatedBoneJunkie

Send a message via MSN to kyhnau
thanks

Great, thanks Charlie...
Im in touch with Felton and has written to Vince as well.
Have a nice trip down there - look forward to some reports

Josko, do you mean Acklins or Bahamas in general? I'll be there in March, so believe its rather safe. Hurricane season runs june-nov AFAIK right?

Whats Noel's forum name? Im not on first name with that many yet, thou signing every post with my own

-Lars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2007, 02:04 PM

Lars..............Noel is the name given to the latest Tropical storm.Looks Like Bob ran right into it on his trip to Acklins.most of this week is supposed to be pretty crappy down there.

cc charlie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2007, 04:42 PM
UnderstimulatedBoneJunkie

Send a message via MSN to kyhnau
Ha ha
Omg, what an ignorant I am. I havent heard about that hurricane yet (media currently only covering the upcoming election in Denmark ).
Seriously I thought Noel was a member of this forum who was messing around Bahamas-wide.

Sorry about that Bob... Hope you'll have some nice days down there after all. How long are you staying?

- Lars (embarrassed )
Old 10-30-2007, 09:09 AM

Does anyone know what happens if Bahamas Air has to cancel a sheduled flight out of Nassau to Acklins due to weather?

A friend of mine is going down to Nassau today with a flight tomorrow for Acklins,if Noel screws up the flight do they go the next day or make you wait till Saturday?

cc charlie
Old 10-30-2007, 10:08 AM
*** FORUM SPONSOR ***

Bahamasair will cancell all flights at 12 noon today (10/30) and they are not saying when flights will resume. Ground staff will also depart at this time.

Flights will return when the weather permits, I'm told!!!! I don't see that happening before Saturday; 11/03. More than likely, the aircrafts will be taken out of the country.

Presently, on New Providence the weather is fine except for the winds; 25-30 knots. Business continues as usually, with the exception for those who have their hands in the public purse and have taxing authority.

The winds and liquid sunshine will cause some serious delays and change of plans, however, all will be safe and with the right attitiude, still have a wonderful vacation or work week.

This too will pass!

Felton
www.vrbo.com/261406
Forum Sponsor
Acklins! Only Heaven is better.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:02 PM

Thanks for the update Felton. Would you say that gen erally
they would fly the next day after a cancellation , weather permitting of course.

cc charlie......................Hope to see you next month
Old 10-30-2007, 03:04 PM
*** FORUM SPONSOR ***

Not sure Charlie how they will resume. From experience they would be more interested in returning visitors home before and after storms. Too Acklins? Not sure. But this is no storm in the true sense, travel and fishing are interrupted!! Well that a major concern for all on this forum.

Additionally, I spoke with Acklins earlier, only reports coming out is that rains were moderate to heavy during the past evening, however today, it is most pleasant except for winds approx. 20 knots. Persons who can delay for a few days will do very well.

There is uncertainty, as Noel is still on a westly tract and has not begun the expected turn to the north, leaving many questions for all. Here on New Providence (Nassau) its all wait and see! Not much concrete plans can be made now. Last report I saw its over Cuba and will probably be down graded at least for the time being.

Felton
www.vrbo.com/261406
Forum Sponsor
Acklins! Only Heaven is better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.