BoneClave Boats and Riders List - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 12:19 PM

BoneClave Boats and Riders List

ALMOST THERE- 2 SLOTS LEFT TO FILL, Boat guys recheck your seating and let me know if you can ferry/fish anymore for Sunday. Riders should contact their ride for meeting times at the ramp

I know there are adequate slots left, I'm waiting for last minute cancellations and to hear from everyone. We will get you guys out to the gear drop off to fish the morning jetty at least or better. We're looking good.

OK here is what we have:
- Riders , you will be assigned a boat to get you out to the gear drop off, and, at the boat owners discretion, if there is room fish with them as well that first morning.

- Q has volunteered to watch a Wacky beach gear dump (thank you Quentin) and we may have others there too. I will be an alternate on the gear watch if problems arise.

- I will PM mine and Jim W cell number in case anyone gets stranded at the ramp

-Anyone who wants to can send me their cell (this goes both ways when the fish are biting )

Boat Owners,..Spots,..Riders ,..Days

BigCat......2,Shadfreak, Su
Jim W.......1, Mike Z.,Su- M-Tu
Jim Miller...,..., Fishhawk+Vtloon
Hawkeye..1,John Morin,bro +dad?..,...
nmbrown..1, Juro
Larry S..... 2, , Su- M-Tu
Greg D.....,...,Josh, Brandon
Grego.......2,...,...,...
Tom D......1....Aaron

Small boats (ferry service to and around jetty etc.)

Terry W....1,...,...Su-M-Tu
Quentin...1,...,...,Su-M-Tu

Last edited by Lefty; 09-20-2007 at 08:37 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2007, 12:42 PM
fish'n Hobo

Todd (VtLoon) is on my boat all days. Fish Hawk on Sunday
Old 09-10-2007, 04:03 PM

lefty, slots for what? transporting or fishing? i know that juro is riding with me to washburn. i suspect we'll fish some together, but i also presume that he'll be in demand. i'll speak with him and get back. i expect to be at the ramp early sunday a.m. so, i can shuttle others as well on sunday. i expect to leave wed a.m.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:06 PM

nmbrown,
Can you fish 1 more? Will you be around for the whole 3 days?

Thanks
Old 09-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I have a long-standing love affair with the jetty and beach I need to maintain... so just put me on the corner anytime you need an opening.

I have hooked and/or landed bass, blues, spanish, albies, king mack - all from the jetty or beach over the years. Everything but a bonito from the shore.

This may be the year
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 09-10-2007, 07:04 PM
_

I, too, am perfectly happy on the jetty, and my boat gives me the option to cross back and forth between jetties if necessary. I can also use the boat inside the bay and sometimes even venture just outside the bay to fish the protected area on the west side if the current, wind, waves and boat traffic aren't too bad.

Q
Old 09-10-2007, 07:43 PM

lefty, i am open to taking 1 more, but i also expect to do some fishing from the shore pretty much on an ad hoc basis. however, when i do go out on the boat i am happy to take another person. also, i'll let you know when i expect p leave the dock on sunday morning. i am confident that i can take 3 others to the camp when i leave falmouth. i expect that it will be early but we've not yet decided. as of now, i do expect to be around for the entire 3 days.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:18 AM

I don't mean to muck up the thread but here's something to consider.

FWIW - I saw the bonito running really fast up and down the inside of the East jetty after the break. I'm not sure if the break can be safely crossed but we could not target these fish from the boat. I think some blink casting parallel to the rocks might pay off. Not once did these fish show on top, but on our fast drifts you couldn't miss them torpedoing through the water. Not sure if the bonito will still be around but i would imagine the albies might also exhibit this behavior.
There have been years when the sea conditions had us all either taking a break at camp or putting in some jetty time. It's good to be prepared for that scenario.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:52 AM

Ya love that jetty action. I can remember days driving boats all over the Vineyard looking for fish. Come back to the jetty and there they are (more than once too!).
I'll be over there too if need be. I'm bringing a new guy into the forum who is a fine fly fisherman from Conn. So I will probably ride with him to show him our favorite spots in the sound.
It looks like we should be able to get everyone out. No need to put people on the jetty when there are empty boat slots.
At this point I could back away from getting day 1 boat slots organized. As I said, days 2 and 3 are best worked out once we are out there. I too can't stand an over orchestrated event. But there is a tradition here of sharing your boat slots with the group. We should at least get everyone out to the island/jetty for Sunday morning.

Lefty
Old 09-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Jonesin...

Lefty,

Unfortunately I will most likely not be attending. I would take me off the list.

Sean
Old 09-13-2007, 12:43 PM

All right guys, let's get this going again. We still have to get a few people out to the island/ jetty. So speak up (if you haven't already) if you can ride someone out on Sunday. If we can pair up those who need a lift that would be great. Then this thing is pretty much all set. Please respond if you haven't.

Lefty
Old 09-13-2007, 02:00 PM

I can take another in the AM on a ferry run, that's a slow putter anyway. My problem with 3 is getting it up on plane in a reasonable amount of time and that's not an issue for the run to the island or a jetty drop off.
I was shooting for being at the ramp ~ 5:45 load the gear drop off, etc.. and still catch some of first light to nail the bass, then go for the slam.

It doesn't make sense for all the boats to try and launch at once, especially at Childs.

Anyone scoped out the other ramp for parking? Can cars and trailers park on the side of the road there?

Based on the other ramp info it looks like I'll be picking up MikeZ at the Lot on 28 and launching from the Great river ramp, so while ferrying a third wouldn't be a problem, getting them and their gear to the great river ramp would be.

Last edited by JimW; 09-17-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:14 PM

I plan on a pre sunrise launch and fishing immediately then a run back to the truck to pick up gear and set up camp stuff around noon. Check out is at 11am from what I understand and I'll be able to leave the gear safely in my brothers SUV for the later pick-up. This way I get to fish sooner and I wont be bothering anyone at the campsite at 6am. At this point I have John Morrin and my brother in the boat for AM fishing. My dad may be comming as well so that will make 4 meaning one person will be taking a break while the other three fish. Monday and Tuesday I can take two people if my dad doesn't make it and one person if he does. As far as gear shuttles go, when I get back for my noon set-up I will be willing to shuttle some folks. I can also drop some people at the jetty in the morning on the way out.

Gregg
Old 09-13-2007, 05:43 PM

That's a good point about not bothering sleeping campers at 6 AM.
A chance at first fish of the clave is another bonus for early starters.
Does anyone use the ramp at green pond? I haven't been there in a few years but it's a much shorter run to the sound then a short run on plane over to Washburn, Parking lot is smaller I think.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:56 PM

Just tell me what time and where to pick me up. I hope to be on a Rip trip trip on Sat. so will be on the Cape and can meet any time that boaters wish.
Shadfreak aka Larry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.