Fall trips? - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2007, 11:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to teflon_jones Send a message via Yahoo to teflon_jones
Fall trips?

So what fall trips to people have planned? Or spring trips if you're down under?

I'll be going on a charter for stripers (thanks mom for paying!) in a few weeks, then it'll be time for some fall trout fishing in Western MA/CT. And some time on the local lakes for fall largemouth, but those aren't really trips...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2007, 12:28 PM

Headin' up to the Pere Marquette river for to see if I can sore jaw some salmon!
I may also get into a brownie or two, and possibly some fall run steelies, heck I will take what I can get! Have fun!
Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 02:14 PM

Our annual Hooknose Society trip is scheduled for Kodiak 9/17 - 10/3. Can't wait to get back there.

The general trend on Kodiak road-system streams has been steadily downhill, with a few up-ticks. The last really good year for Silvers in the Pasagshak was four years ago. I'm hoping for somewhat of a repeat.

Poor fishing in the Rose Tead/Pasagshak system has caused a huge concentration of anglers on the streams and venues on the road to Chiniak. Hope that also changes.

This will probably be the last time for a long time that I head for The Rock. Nevertheless, now that September's almost here, the pull is so strong I can hardly think of anything else.

Damn remodeling.

Cheers,

Eric
Old 08-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I am hoping to head Eric's way with a friend this October. Lots of fall action in Cape Cod locally, and Acklins in deep winter.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 08-29-2007, 08:10 PM

I plan on going to the Cape at least one more time & up to Pittsburgh NH for one more trout fishing excursion. I would really like to hit the Millers or Deerfield and at least use my Mass License.... But time is running out. Too many things going on all at once it seems
Old 08-29-2007, 09:00 PM
_

First trip planned for fall ? ? That's easy . . . BONECLAVE 2007 ! ! !

I'll probably focus on RI and CT after that, but another trip to the cape is always a possibility.

Q
Old 08-29-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
So what fall trips to people have planned? Or spring trips if you're down under?
Hi - I'm new to the forum and just getting back into fly fishing after about 40 years (boy that seems like a long time - since I was a kid with my Grandpa's bamboo rod). It's funny - I still have a fly box with maybe 30-40 flies that I had back when I was a kid.

Anyhow, my Dad has been after me to go on a fishing trip with him for a long time and I've put it off due to work and family obligations. But, we finally got together on a date and destination. We're going to Yellowstone for a week of fly fishing in late September.

We are both pretty excited about it and we'll be staying at the Gardiner Guesthouse B&B (Richard Parks of Park's Fly Shop is the host). I'm sure it will be fun and it will be great to get back into fly fishing. I know you can't beat the scenery.

After collecting all the gear for this trip, I am hoping we can make future use of it with some regular trout fishing trips to SW Wis. - I live in the Chicago western burbs. So, I would like to hear from other members in the Chicago area.

- Kevin
Old 08-30-2007, 04:37 AM

I'll be in your neighborhood...heading to Palatine this weekend for soccer tournament! Sounds like you and your dad have some catching up to do. Enjoy the time you have together, and pound 'em on the river!!
Bill
Old 08-30-2007, 06:55 AM

Fall Trips

Going out to Idaho first week of OCT to the Clearwater. Am going to cover some others ( Snake, Salmon & Grand Ronde)at that time as well. This will be a DIY and a first time for me so any info from others would be appreciated. Where to, how to etc. I'll stop in at Poppy's for local supplies (flies,etc.)and info.
Greg
Old 08-30-2007, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmckiou
Hi - I'm new to the forum and just getting back into fly fishing after about 40 years (boy that seems like a long time - since I was a kid with my Grandpa's bamboo rod). It's funny - I still have a fly box with maybe 30-40 flies that I had back when I was a kid.

I live in the Chicago western burbs. So, I would like to hear from other members in the Chicago area.

- Kevin
kmckiou,

Welcome to the forum. It is nice to see you pick up a fly rod again after all those years. I bet those old flies will still catch fish!

I don't live in Chitown, but I have a good friend that lives down south in the Beverly neighborhood....does that count?
Old 08-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Satisfied

No BIG adventures for me. But PLENTY of short trips within a few hours...

Long wknd on the Wind River Reservation
Jellystone for 4-5days
Miricle Mile
Old 08-30-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
kmckiou,

I don't live in Chitown, but I have a good friend that lives down south in the Beverly neighborhood....does that count?
I see you are in/near Sunapee New Hampshire. I've been there a couple times. I had a friend in college whose family had a house on the lake. His mother lived there full time. Small place - maybe you know them - Rooney

Anyhow, we didn't do any fishing, but a lot of beer was consumed!

- Kevin
Old 08-31-2007, 09:57 AM

I am flying to Portland, ME on 9/28 and then going to NB (Miramichi and Cains Rivers) for a few days 9/30 - 10/3. Might try for some Maine stripers on 9/29.

Hopefully will get together with one of the Board Members for a couple of days of MI steelhead fishing in November, as well. After that, its time to hibernate until April unless I give FL a shot.

Does anyone know what redfish fishing is like in Charleston, SC area in late October? I'll be there for a few days visiting one of my sons and thought I might give redfish a shot. Never fished for redfish and have no idea about what the Charleston fishery is like.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:17 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Charles -

Send Dave17 a PM... and good luck
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 08-31-2007, 02:51 PM

Thanks Juro. A PM is on its way.

CK

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.