Boneclave- Group Trip Details Sep 23-25 2007 - UPDATE - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2007, 11:45 AM

Boneclave- Group Trip Details Sep 23-25 2007 - UPDATE

Once again we are having our awesome group outing to Washburn Island Mashpee Cape Cod. We reserved the group site #9 for Sun and Mon nights Sep 23 and 24 for up to 3 days of fishing (if you can squeeze a day or 2 off from work-or just fish Sunday). Come and chase Bonito/Albies/Spanish Macs in Vineyard sound with us and enjoy the great camp food, laughs, and stories.

Lots of new info is being added as folks join the trip. So check back to this thread to find out if we need you to bring anything or not bring anything. You can respond here to let us know if you want to hop on board for the trip. There will be a gear list and boating details posted below. We have extensive experience on what to bring and how to prepare for the island etc.-Just ask. Things are shaping up for a great trip so far!
Lefty

Attendees:

Lefty- *Salsa*,small boat, gas stove, propane tree, 25 lb tank, lantern, cook table, grilling basket, coffee press
JimW- boat, small table, trash bags, Ceasar salad
Juro- tables,cooler, lantern, small gas grill, kitchen cleaning supplies, plates, utensils
Mike Z- stove, pans, propane, eggs
Greg D, Josh, Brandon - boat, grill, BBQ goodies
Jfbasser
Shadfreak
vtloon- 1 gas grill
Bigcat-boat
Quentin- small boat
Hawkeye-boat, monster tarp, cook station, cobbler, charcoal grill, big coolers,ice
Papa G.
bonefishmon
Grego-boat, steak tips
nmbrowncom- boat
Jim Miller-boat
John Morin- day tripper
Aaron- BBQ! nice
Larry S.- boat, cigars
Fishhawk

BOATING DETAILS

We anchor our boats right out in front of the camp site off the beach. There will be smaller boats pulled up on shore which you can use as a dingy to get out there to your craft. This is inside a quiet bay, not open ocean. So the mooring is easy with little wave action.
The Ramp is called White's Landing on the Childs river. There is a parking lot set aside for all the overnight parking of vehicles for the island campers. Multiple trucks and trailors will be parked there. Many of us will meet there at dawn on Sunday morning, proceed to the island, do a temporary dumping of gear, then head out to fish.

Driving Directions to Ramp:
From the Sagamore Bridge (Cape Cod Canal) proceed toward Hyannis on Route 6 to exit 2 - Route 130. Follow Route 130 toward Mashpee for 7.2 miles and bear right on Great Neck Road just after the Flume Restaurant. Continue to the Mashpee Rotary. Halfway around the rotary take Route 28 toward Falmouth. Reserve Headquarters is located on the left 3.5 miles from the rotary and White’s Landing is located 0.4 miles beyond the Headquarters, also on the left.

Alternate directions from the Bourne Bridge:

Route 28 South to the Route 151 exit.
Turn Right on Route 151 at the end of the exit ramp.
At the Mashpee Rotary, take the first exit onto Route 28 (going toward
Falmouth).
Parking lot with trucks and trailors will be on the left, 3.6 miles from the
rotary.
Just down the side road beside the lot is the ramp.
Sunrise is 6:30. I'll be there earlier to help coordinate stuff.

Lat. - 41o 24.82' N Long. 70o 31.86' W

It's right beside:
Edwards Boatyard, Inc.
1209 East Falmouth Highway (Route 28)
East Falmouth, MA 02536-5505

Alternate Ramp

Great River ramp is nearby. Parking can be a problem though, but after labor day is not bad.
Here's a link for the great river ramp. I believe it is open to non townies between labor day and memorial day. http://www.ci.mashpee.ma.us/Pages/Ma...Harbor/Waquoit

CAMPING DETAILS

Some notes about the camping situation there: This is a carry in carry out campsite. No running water so bring enough for the duration. No showers. A folding chair is a must for sitting around the site between fishing runs.

* Check-in:1:00 pm (those fishing at dawn on day 1 (Sun) will do an early gear dump)
* Check-out:11:00 am
* # of People: (min: 9, max: 25)
* Pets Allowed:Yes

Again more info at: http://www.waquoitbayreserve.org/camp.htm

Things we need volunteers for:

Coffee makers (french presses work really well)
paper towels
extra ice
kitchen clean up tub, soap , scrunge ,
Napkins

Let me know if you can bring any of these things. What else do we need?
....more to come

Last edited by Lefty; 09-21-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2007, 12:02 PM

I'll bring a two burner gas stove with propane bottles.
A couple of pots/pans for cooking
once i get a head count and if everyone wants it, I'll bring scrambled eggs for breakfast one morning
something to add to the pot for an evening feed
At least 5 gals water - don't want to skimp here, water is all I intend to drink the whole time and we need water for coffee, cooking and cleaning. One trick I use is to freeze bottled water and use in the cooler as ice. Once it melts, it becomes drinking water.
enough instant coffee and fixins to go around - an essential we've been short on in the past. My regular camp percolator is too bulky, too slow and too small.

With fishing and camping gear that's prolly all I can manage space-wise. Can add or subtract as list comes together.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:07 PM

I'll have a boat with an insane cargo carrying capacity.

I can take one person for fishing on Sunday. Two people on Monday and Tuesday.

I will bring a 20ish by 10ish tarp contraption - heavy duty poles - peaked roof - a serious shelter.

One of those mega burner things they use for frying turkeys.

a colman cooking station table thing.

A kneeboard for towing water fun if anyone is interested.

Peach cobbler

A charcoal grill

I can make a pretty mean fish chowder if we would like that on the menu.

a 150qt cooler and 75lbs of block ice

I plan on getting a shellfish permit so with any luck I'll also be able to provide raw bar fare.

I plan on using the Great River ramp as I hate the whites landing one and being after labor day I'll be able to park.

Gregg
Old 08-23-2007, 01:30 PM

Yehaw! Now we're talkin!
This ain't gonna be just another campin trip folks!
Hawkeye's gonna show ya how it SHOULD be done!
Got ya covered on the raw bar buddy! You bring the permit and I'll show you my secret quaohog hunting technique that doesn't require a rake.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:42 PM

Hawkeye,
Great news. Can you add any more info on Great River ramp?

thanks

Lefty
Old 08-23-2007, 02:03 PM

The Great river ramp has gone resident only,but I think it is ok after Labor Day?
You can park along side the road up to the first sign now,but I don't like that for an overnighter.
I will keep a eye out after Labor Day and see how it looks.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:04 PM
President of CAC

Terry, better sign me up for a weekend day...I just have to go so I can see you, Grego,Bigcat, and Hawkeye again...the old crew as Grego says ...John PS- Hawkeye- would love to fish with you on your boat if possible (remember that insane trip we tried to pull off during an alnighter off north monomoy with your first boat... and we said.."yaaa...let's go to the rips!!!!"...I think we made it only down to the crib and turned back because of the wind. I also still have that reel we traded for ... a classic CAC object and Terry's old cane surf rod)
Old 08-23-2007, 02:23 PM

Put me down for a small table and trash bags
Of course water, ice and Cesar salad for one of the meals.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Middle Aged Member

Where's SSully?
Old 08-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

so dinner Sunday night but which is the big breakfast morning?
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 08-23-2007, 03:28 PM

Geez, almost forgot my Salsa.
Yes dinner Sunday night, most people on hand.
Sully's dance card is full, just starting a new job. I poked and prodded him but he's doing the responsible thing (for a change )
Breakfast? Won't have ol' Sully to cook it, and we will be full on Mon morning from Sunday nights dinner.
So Tues? On the light side? Or Mon. brunch?
Old 08-23-2007, 04:03 PM
CantAnchorUs

Been out of touch for awhile, too much craziness going on in my life right now, with selling the house; moving; a sick mother and wife and to boot a woman rear ended me while driving the company truck, now I`m out on comp! Just can`t seem to get a break this summer. Oh did I forget the boat still has a cooked motor! I`m waiting for a phone call that could turn all this around. I may still be able to salvage the late season. I love the gettogether on Washburn, I`ll be there if at all possible. I think thats the time when Pete will be in the nieghborhood, maybe a special guest appearance?
Slinger
Old 08-23-2007, 05:38 PM

Sorry to hear you got hit. Hopefully you aren't in too much pain.
Hope you can make the clave. You should come anyway even if that phone call doesn't come in time.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:01 AM

I am In

Please include me in the operation. i would need a ride out on a boat if it is available, although in the meantime i might try to convince a boat owning friends to come down for the clave. This will be my second clave. At this point in time I will plan on bringing down BBQ (pulled pork, brisket, ribs, and sides) from the resturant I manage, Buck's Naked BBQ, Freeport, ME.

Aaron
Old 08-24-2007, 10:37 AM
2 handed Fly Chucker

Smile BoneClave 2007

Hey Guys,

So much for not much interest in the BoneClave this year.

For the head count, Both my boys Josh and Brandon are planning to attend this year.

After reading Aarons post my mouth is watering already, should be quite a feast this year. I'm planning on bringing Shrimp for the BBQ and a small grill, some marinated chicken, chicken Sausage as well.

Can't wait to see you all at the site or on the Water. May we be blessed with Calm seas and no thunderstorms!

Tight Lines,
Greg.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.