RoadRash sighting - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2007, 08:14 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to polareyez
RoadRash sighting

There was a confirmed sighting of the RoadRash aka RipRyder IV this weekend. Captain Crunch was cruising the Chatham area trying to score some mermaids...
Keith, it's a nice looking craft but the figurehead of the admiral was a little too much in my opinion...

I was fishing with The Old Man of the Sea (Paxton) and we found a nice location which we've named "The Funnel." It had lots of current and was loaded with bait. We hooked a lot of big blues, and of course we had a lot of them bite through the line. I actually had a large striper on until he took off on his second run and went under a huge ball of eel grass and the line went slack. I had a ball of bait at my feet and 2 large stripers came crashing through the ball and they both broke water 5 feet in front of me. I can't say where the funnel is yet but, if you want to try looking for it I made a big X in the sand at low tide.... I promised Paxton I wouldn't mention when he cast into the back of my head...

Successfully fighting genius
Recipient of the Silver Horseshoe Crab
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2007, 09:43 AM
President of CAC

Great report Garry... I spoke with keith yesterday and he is getting the CG check up this morning and will call me tonight with the result...If all went well I will schedule a Rip Trip for this Saturday...and depending on the numbers we can refigure.... I plan on taking the Ferry with keith tomorrow to SB if he goes..later...John
Old 08-06-2007, 10:38 AM

Thanks Garry for the "kind" references to my aging arthritic joints and your sharing with all, that I hit you in the head on my back cast......one of the nice results of fishing with you is how much better I feel about myself when I meet other people

Of course you failed to mention that from 100 ft away you lured the monster blue fish I had on to wrap around your leg and break off....I do hope that you find your clippers soon! Just because I accidentally hit you in the head...there was no need for your retaliatory response

Keith...your new vessel is impressive.....I was wondering however....given the wrap around rails....is there a "chair lift" for the decrepid?
Ron
(Loyal Sand-Walker/Old Man of the Sea)
Old 08-06-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polareyez
There was a confirmed sighting of the RoadRash aka RipRyder IV this weekend. Captain Crunch was cruising the Chatham area trying to score some mermaids...
Keith, it's a nice looking craft but the figurehead of the admiral was a little too much in my opinion...

So it does exist then, I cannot wait to see this figurehead
Old 08-06-2007, 09:53 PM
PhlyPhishing Physician

Personally, I think it was just Ed trying to do his best impersonation of Kate Beckinsale's role from Titanic.....or possibly Bill Murray's role in What About Bob?...."I'm sailing!..... I'M SAILING!!!!!"
Flydoc
Old 08-08-2007, 07:57 PM

Garry could it be?, that it was you and Paxton at North Monomoy Waving your arms as though you were left behind by the other ferry service !!

We were not sure if that was someone that knew us or had been left out there for a few days, without me keeping an eye on the place.

I swore the two guys I saw at North Monomoy resembled the grumpy old men from the Muppet show.

Capt Keith
Old 08-08-2007, 09:47 PM

twas the grumpy old men...you were right......maybe if time permits, I will go in my woodshop and carve something else for you to secure to the bow....we really felt bad for your dad! It looked like he was taking an awful beating in those swells
Old 08-13-2007, 06:53 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to polareyez
You're right, it was us..and the grumpy old men from the Muppets. I'm Statler and he's Waldorf... We were just waving you off so you didn't run into us....
I can't wait to ride the new hot rod.

Successfully fighting genius
Recipient of the Silver Horseshoe Crab

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.