Le Metropole Hotel...Better than Ever - Fly Fishing Forum
Classic Atlantic Salmon No pursuit rivals salmon rivers, flies & legacy

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007, 07:47 AM
Venture

Send a message via ICQ to Venture
Le Metropole Hotel...Better than Ever

One of the great landmarks in St. Rene de Matane has re-opened. Le Metropole Hotel is alive and well and has brand new owners who really care about the area, their guests, and the fishing. Louis and Jane, the new owners are terrific people. Louis also is a guide and a great outdoorsman. It is a great place to stay and really great place to eat. Their restaurant is staffed with local cooks who really know their stuff. Their soups, home made pizza, and blue plate specials are the best in the entire area with a cost that everyone can afford. We are so pleased that this landmark has re-opened, and now is better than ever. And the pool behind the hotel is always filled with salmon and fisherman who enjoy the company of others. If in this area, don't miss stopping at the hotel, saying hello to Louis and Jane, and at the least, sampling their fine cuisine.
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2007, 09:12 AM

Hi Howie,

Not too warm on the Matane? Heard about 37 Celsius yesterday in St René...my god!

Might see you on monday/tuesday. I might stop at the Metropole for 1 day, back from Ste Anne river.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Venture

Hi Pierre,

It was very hot on the whole Gaspe yesterday. I was fished the Petite Cascapedia yesterday. It was a little cooler but the day before was extremely hot. Got back to the Matane last night. Will be leaving for a week or two and coming back mid August and perhaps staying through the first week of September. I can't give you a good report about the Matane as I have not fished it in a few days.

It seems that the Matane is getting a lot of pressure this year due to the low runs on the Bonnie and some of the other Gaspesie rivers. Many more fisherman than last year. You can still find good water to fish solo if you know the river. And I think that many fisherman have left because when I returned last evening many pools were vacant of fisherman. And the fish keep coming.

The run on the Grande Cascapedia is pathetic this year. The big ticket camps are going fishless. In fact some of the guys were asking me how to get to the Matane as they heard our run was good. One guy asked me if there are pools that only could be fished spey style because he thought that would be the place he could fish without competition. I laughed and and said it there were good pools that only could be fished with spey, all of us would be spey experts.

I did see a lot of fish on the petite but only managed to land one of about 10 pounds.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:04 PM

Hi Howie.
Does the Metropole have a website?
Mike
Old 08-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Venture

Hi Mike,

Great seeing you up here. Hope you and your brothers were successful. Seemed like old times except now we are the older generation.

Yes, the Metropole Hotel does have a website. It is www.lemetropolematane.com
The owners personal email address is Louisbazin@yahoo.ca

Good luck and hope to see you in the near future.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.