Fly Fishing Forum banner

margaree

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  rankinstein 
#1 ·
Hello heading down to the Margaree for my annual pilgrimage in 2 weeks.Anybody have any info on water conditions and fish numbers,can't wait.:cool: :smokin:

#2 ·
Check out novascotiafishing.com.....then in the discussion forum heading (on the left side)look under summer salmon. I'll try to copy the site:

www.novascotiafishing.com/forum/topic.asp?q=get_topic&discussion=15&id_topic=3932

I hope this works.....there's usually updates and a few pics of fish landed. Last I heard the water levels were pretty high as we had heavy rain in Nova Scotia; but in a few days that should make for good fishing the next week or two. Most people are saying that everything is a few weeks behind last year in terms of when the fish started to enter the river.

Hope this helps. Let me know how your trip goes as I'm heading up in mid. Aug. for a week, and the end of your trip may be the start of mine.
-JEG41-

#3 ·
back

JEG41 sorry for the late reply.Had a couple of days on the Margaree middle of August.Water levels were good first evening but had to scram nasty thunder storm didn't feel like getting fried so had to leave.The river was up next couple of days and a bit coloured not the way I liked to fish it.Fish are scattered through out the river,saw a few fish landed and talked to others who landed fish.The third day I went back with my son hooked about 20 lber end of the day on a big Mickey Finn that Bruce Patterson tied a couple of years ago desperation fly (thanks Bruce) and some nice trout.I wish i could have stayed longer I think the fishing was going to pick up.Just to get there is pleasing enough the salmon are a nice bonus.I might take a crack at her in the fall.Tightlines:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.