Fishing in Asia Pacific - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2007, 03:53 PM

Fishing in Asia Pacific

I'm so glad I've come across this forum as I am totally new to flyfishing. I fish in the asia pacific (Hong Kong) where no one knows how to fly fishing, at least it seems like it.

I'm hoping to gather all the stuffs that is needed during my stay in the States.

My fish that can be caught in my water is Barracuda, GT, Permit, Grouper, Snapper, Redfish, Bass, and Bream. What pattern of flies should I be using?

When I am fishing for bottom water fish, do I have to use sinking fly fishing line instead of floating?

I am also searching for information on casting. Can anyone please point me the right place with pictures and descriptions so I can learn it myself?

Thank you very much in advance

Jacky Lui
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2007, 05:03 PM
In moderation

Hi Jacky
It's great to have you on board.

Where are you from and where will you be fishing?

Have you thought about catching milkfish?

Pete
Old 07-05-2007, 05:11 PM

Hi Pete,

I am from Hong Kong and I fish there. I am staying in Van Nuys, Ca for the next few days.

To my best knowledge, there is no milkfish in Hong Kong.

Jacky Lui
Old 07-06-2007, 07:36 AM
In moderation

Hi Jacky

I know there are milkfish around Singapore and thought that you might also get them in Hong Kong.

You will find lots of information about the fish you are interested in the Forum. You should search for info.

Regarding sinking line, it may sound obvious but you must get the fly in front of the fish.
Therefore if they are in deeper water or in current and feeding down deep you need a sinking line.
Having said that some fish will come up to a fly. But most of the fish you quote are deeper water fish.

Pete

I have also sent you a PM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.