Brit Invasion Cape Cod 2007 - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2007, 04:41 PM
mike oliver

Brit Invasion Cape Cod 2007

Guys the scouting party led by Austin Goldsmith arrive this week. My motley crew of three a week tomorrow. Follwed by the heavy horse of Jamie and Binksey and their batmen

I have requested that all the guys bring plenty of English tea so we can at least give you a cup of decent hot. I intend to bring my Irish Kelly Kettle to make the tea in. A wonderful piece of Irish engineering. Google it up for details.

Hope the fishing remains hot. It's unbearable reading the fishing reports and being 3000 miles away from the action.

Tight lines

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2007, 05:02 PM

I cant wait!! Its blowing a Gale from the North and lashing with rain . I hope the bad weather stays here .

Colin ( The tall scotsman that catches all the fish) and I , the shortarsed Brit , fly in on Wednesday lunchtime. The plan is to head to Rhode Island first , hopefully for a little worming . Then the others arrive on Saturday . We have various charters and guides arranged plus a couple of Days Solo. We have a pretty large house in Harwich so it should be great fun. We managed to spread our wings pretty well last year , hopefully we learn more and make more friends.

It will be nice to bump into the same old faces as last year. I really hope we can meet that star . Arthur. What a guy ! 75 Years old and still yanking the cows out on his CND double hander. I wonder if anyone else reading this post knows the guy?

Cheers - see you soon

Austen
Old 05-27-2007, 10:22 PM
President of CAC

Looking forward to seeing you guys and casting some lines.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Flats Rat

Arthur is our "roomie" that shares the cottage with us in Chatham May and June. He is there this season, in fine fettle and hauling keepers out on his trusty CND 11/11.

I'll be on the Cape this next week-end starting Friday June 1st.

We should be able to hook up.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:10 AM
In moderation

Hi

I will be arriving on Tuesday afternoon.
It will be great to meet a few friends that I have only met on my keyboard.

I'll be the guy propping up the bar in the Squire.

I hope to see some of you there.

Pete
Old 05-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Squire animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by striblue
Looking forward to seeing you guys and casting some lines.
Will the Fez be there John?
I'll be bringing along a bottle of Scotlands finest that'll need sharing!
Old 05-28-2007, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oliver
Guys the scouting party led by Austin Goldsmith arrive this week. My motley crew of three a week tomorrow. Follwed by the heavy horse of Jamie and Binksey and their batmen

I have requested that all the guys bring plenty of English tea so we can at least give you a cup of decent hot. I intend to bring my Irish Kelly Kettle to make the tea in. A wonderful piece of Irish engineering. Google it up for details.

Hope the fishing remains hot. It's unbearable reading the fishing reports and being 3000 miles away from the action.

Tight lines

Mike
Please send my regards to Arthur ( or King Arthur as Colin and I named him) I hope we will bump into him and maybee get him a Pizza as its our round

Austen
Old 05-29-2007, 08:19 AM
President of CAC

Stevo, The Fez never leaves CAC.... a highly collectable item with many attempted thefts. It must be guarded with your lives..
Old 05-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Flats Rat

Change of plan for me - I got pulled into a sales "Offsite" that has me away from home this week so I need to be home this w/e.

The following week-end I'm on MV but I will make it to the Cape in time for the "main invasion force"!

I should be there for Friday June 15th.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:19 AM

Send a message via MSN to jamie Send a message via Skype™ to jamie
Black tea at bedtime in lieu of missing a single malt Mike. Otherwise coffee for me.

Just got back from a weekend fishing the west coast of Ireland - hell that is beautiful country there.

14 days until I return 'home'.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:11 PM
2005 Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Goose-uk Send a message via Skype™ to Goose-uk
Hi Y'all
I'm over with Jamie, Steve and Rupe in 14 day's and I just can't wait. The weather where I live on the Kent coast is pants at the moment.
I should have all my flies tied by now but haven’t had the time as yet to even start tying. Might have to buy some in from The Bear's Den. What patterns should I go for?

Malcolm

Member of B.A.S.S. www.ukbass.com
Old 05-30-2007, 06:12 PM
mike oliver

Heh.

Goose I been tying for England. Unless the Blues tear my flies apart I may have a fistful left over. I will bump into you as you get in on the 13th, By then if the fishing stays as hot as it has been. ( some hope) I will be all fished out, might as well have my rods as well.

Don't buy flies, Most of the shop ones are pretty grim. Well the ones you get over here are anyway. But main problem is you can't buy what you really want. I have only being tying now some 8 weeks and for me there is no way I am going back to shop purchased flies.

14 days you have loads of time. In 9 days I have built two single hander fly rods and am just about to finish of a two hander. In fact I have built 4 rods as I accidentally built a 10 wt by mistake when I had one already. This drove me behond being manic I can tell you. Came very close to trashing the offending 10 wt out of shear frustration,

I leave this Sunday but Sunday morning will still see me making tackle or tying some must have fly that will pobably never see the light of day or darkness of night.
I guess you are someone else I have to buy a beer for in this place called Squires. Seems like half of America's Fly Boys eat and drink in there. Place is going to be awful busy this June. Like you I am just bursting to get to the Cape.

Thanks for all the posts from the Guys above. Hope to meet you all sometime during my trip.

Tight Lines and well bent rods

Mikey.O.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:49 PM
2005 Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Goose-uk Send a message via Skype™ to Goose-uk
Hi Mike
Thanks for the kind offer of flies.

As for the Squires, it's the best place in town and they do mean chowder, oh and I'll have a G & T, ice and a slice thanks.

Member of B.A.S.S. www.ukbass.com
Old 05-30-2007, 06:59 PM
mike oliver

Goose, What the hell you doing posting at this time. It's ten after one in the morning. I am only here as I can't sleep and so the wife has turfed me out of bed again and I am with the dog for company.
It's good to know that even when you get post 50 the excitement does not leave you of a pending fishing adventure.
you might as well be tying if you can't sleep.

Cheers

Mike
Old 05-30-2007, 09:23 PM

Timing

Has anyone posted on a calendar when the various "Regiments" of the "League of British Stripah Swipahs" will be on Cape Cod? Is there a day when all will be here? If so, a combined invasion of the "Squire" might make for a afternoon to be remembered, in many ways. I am sure that several of the "Native Stripah Swipahs" could also be pressed into service to make the day even more memorable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.