100 acre cove parking? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2007, 10:12 PM

100 acre cove parking?

Hey guys, I'n still new at flyfishing lol.
For years I have been fishing the two popular bridges on 114 in Barrington/Warren. I wanted to try to hit the 100 acre cove area with the fly rod. I was afraid to park anywhere nearby. I noticed Moblie oil has no Parking signs. I also learned that the nature trails are town residents only, (I have Mass, plates).
I then went across the cove near Knockum and saw a public nature trail with absolutely no parking around there. lol
I ended up back across behind the white church, great time but busy. Always someone near my awful dangerous backcast. Then I felt back taking up a lot of room at a popular spot.
I sure don't want anyone to burn a good spot up river more but maybee some parking advice?

Thanks,
Tom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2007, 10:52 PM

Tom,

Supposedly the Town of Barrington rescinded the parking ordinance to outsiders after a three year ban that abuts the conservation area. Next time you past there, read the new signs.

Another place to park is just before White Church on Route 114 called Walker Farm.
There is a boat ramp and launch area there too.

Many of us fish the area. Just PM the Rhody guys. Sean R, Steve, Sean M, and Ray, etc.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:22 PM
LBFF Mojo

Unfortunately my town is about the worst when it comes to waht should be public access

Check out this right of way map as there are a few places on the cove you can get in:

http://www.ci.barrington.ri.us/gover...sofway/row.htm

I have a kayak and usually park at the walker farm Ray mentions. There can be some decent wade fishing there at times.

-sean
Old 06-21-2007, 10:28 PM

Thanks

Thanks Ray I will give you guys a PM if I'm gonna be around there. And Sean, great article thanks so much,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.