A Thank You to our Webmaster/Host - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2000, 08:24 AM

A Thank You to our Webmaster/Host

It occured to me the other day that I take an enormous ammount from this board and give just a little. Not to sound like a mushy goon but: I would like to stop mid season and acknowledge Juro and whomever else(step up and be rocognized) is behind the scenes making this site work.
Since this sites birth I have become a saltwater flytyer, better fisherman, and enjoyed numerous Claves which are incredible expiriences. I see little commercial gain here and see a labor of love behind it. So if there is anything we can do to keep our corner of the web afloat we should do it. A thank you is a good start. Thanks!
Now back to our great Striper season!

TerryW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2000, 09:08 AM

RE:A Thank You to our Webmaster/Host

Terry:

I could not agree with you more. I do not think this site will be making Juro a "Dot.Com Millionaire" (although that would be nice !!)
in the immediate future. His passion for this board, the folks that utilize this board and his passion for the sport of Flyfishing is what makes this go. I know that I have learned much from everyone and made some new friends. Especially since I have only been living in the Boston area for 8 months, this board has made my transition much easier. The beauty of this entire community is that the passion for the fish and the fly transcends all different walks of life. From the guy/gal working in the mail room to the carpenter to the ceo.........In fact, unlike real life where what your career is seems to define your life, I do not think most of us even know what each others real jobs are ! (Other than full time Fly Talk contributors !!)

And to echo Terry's words, "Not to be a mushy goon", I would like to thank Juro for his many hours spent on this board....and hopefully he will become a "Dot.Com Millionaire !" someday.
Old 07-11-2000, 10:41 AM

Juro,
I would also like to thank you for all time and work you have but into this board.
Your board has aloud me the privilege of meeting and fishing with some grate people, alot of people talk about fishing, but the people on this board get out and do it.
Juro, your enthusiasm for the sport is what makes this board work.

See you on the water,
John
Old 07-11-2000, 11:04 AM

Here, here and Amen! Juro, et.al. you have done a great job and have made a significant contribution to many fly fisher's experience of the sport and I will not be surprised if the contribution is realized on a more global level in the not too distant future. The high quality and great people associated with it make this site a very special place on the web. Thanks for all you have done!

Gregg
Old 07-11-2000, 11:42 AM
Middle Aged Member

I'd like to echo the sentiments above. As a non-contributing, lurking info. leech I am especially thankful for Juro's efforts, generousity and expertise.

Regards,
Fred A.
Old 07-11-2000, 08:23 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Well thank you kindly, it's my pleasure that this site is enjoyable and informative to readers... but the credit goes to the contributions of the participants, and the camaraderie we offer to each other. If nothing else, "we done good" if this web site promotes active participation in claves, information sharing, and entertainment through the stories and experiences of others. A bring-a-kid clave will really bring us to the next level of the kind of great times we can put together as a community. It's already a place where friends meet to enjoy flyfishing and I hope it always stays that way. And yeah, if it works out that it pays for itself someday, great!

I only regret that I can not produce more frequent updates, although the Monomoy Madness Journal is looking REAL fine and will be posted ASAP. The real asset is the contributions from those in the fishing community.

thank YOU!
Old 07-11-2000, 10:16 PM

Juro, your enthusiasm really drives this site. Thanks, Eddie
Old 07-13-2000, 07:16 AM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd

just adding my $.02, thanks Juro, I read R-T for 3 yrs without even thinking about hitting a clave. I can't say that about this board. GREAT JOB!!! Tom D

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.