Two different Shad reports - Fly Fishing Forum
Warmwater flyfishing Bass, pike and even muskies in your backyard

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 07:18 AM

Two different Shad reports

Thursday Quentin joined me from a eveningss fishing for Shad. We saw a bunch of fish but caught only two and one smallmouth bass. It was a beautiful evening and a nice time getting to know Quentin better. I'm sure we'll fish together again, maybe for Pike. I bet that will be a different story.

Friday morning a friend Dan Harrison called and said we are on the river and we have room in the boat if you want come along. Knowing how nice it is to fish out of his Aire Raft and never having floated the stretch I jumped at the chance. The fishing was slow but consistent with the tree of us catching about a dozen shad and eight or nine smallies. My biggest smallie of the day was just under 18 inches caught on a Clouser. The Shad fishing is almost over they are getting tougher to catch every day. I always get bummed when they are gone but they give me another reason to hang around for another year.

Larry
Today the melancholy Shadfreak, tommoro the rabid Striperfreak
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2007, 10:54 PM
_

Thanks for having me out and helping me get my first American shad on the fly rod . That's a beautiful fishing spot and I can see why you do well there. Just watching the fish go by and getting the occasional follow or hit or brief hookup is amazing. I can only imagine what it's like when they aren't being quite so fussy .

Q
Old 06-21-2007, 12:02 AM

Glad to have you along. See you soon.
LArry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.