8-22: WaCkY Reconnaissance - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2000, 11:39 AM
Recent Member

8-22: WaCkY Reconnaissance

Two reasons for going to Waquoit this AM. One, I haven't been there since early July. Two, a reconnaisance mission to check status of tiny tunas.

Well, there were no bones or FA in the channel that I could see from sunup to when I left at 7:30. A few slashing rises WAY out of casting range off the beach that could just as
easily have been blues or hyperactive bass.

As for the fishing, it was the trademark WaCkY morning. Bass doing the nymphing routine in the channel when it was still dark out and fairly easily taken on swimmers or sandeel
flies. Nothing over 20 inches. At sunup, all hell breaking loose with baby bass slamming silversides against the jetties in great waves of whitewater for about an hour. Pulled some slightly bigger bass out from underneath the scrapping juniors on sluggo jigs. Not one blue in the mix.

-bd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2000, 07:46 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:8-22: WaCkY Reconnaissance

Thanks for the recon report - wish I were there. I swear this year I am going to capture that on my video camera. I left it in my truck at the Rip Trip, losing the opportunity to capture that action; and had no charge in the battery at the Yakbone where there was a very cool display of silver fireworks on the water at one point. I had a still camera at Boneclave and caught some live busting bass action - but still I would like to get video to really capture the essence of it.
Old 08-23-2000, 07:20 AM
Recent Member

RE:8-22: WaCkY Reconnaissance

Funny, I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the action. Just never felt like humping the video cam all the way out there . But if you want a guaranteed video of a classic bass blitz (and maybe even funny fish, one hopes!), that's the place...

-bd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.