4 keeper in 2 hours and no one around - Page 2 - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-31-2000, 03:38 PM

RE:4 keeper in 2 hours and no one around

I agree w/Terry. Juro puts a great deal of time and effort into this thing. He answers posts personally whenever he can and doesn't ask for much back. I only post when I think I can add something constructive but would love to contribute more. If only I could find the time to fish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2000, 05:57 PM

Nat, you beat me to the punch - I was thinking about posting a similar idea re: lurkers & lack of contribution.

For those that lurk, I think on this board especially, any and all questions or comments are welcome and addressed in the most diplomatic manner.

I met Juro last year (it seems like YEARS ago), on Monomoy, on a RT clave and didn't know he was a guide. I was impressed by his knowledge and willingness to share information & teach. A trait I greatly admire which I first encountered with my friend who got me into wingshooting years & years ago.

Now that I have a little knowledge of how & where to fly fish the salt, I try to emulate those that have helped me and share my cursory knowledge with those who can use it or express an interest.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we are the stewards of the future of this beautiful sport and the survival of our game. It is up to us to help others appreciate it in the most non-invasive manner possible.

Roop
Old 08-31-2000, 07:35 PM

It's funny how "deep thoughts" always come up during funny fish season...

I am guilty of being a sporadic poster on this board, but it is far from deliberate. I have been working way too much, I have missed every clave (I knew it was a bad omen when i had to bail on the Bass River season opener at the last minute), and I have been fishing mostly around Boston, which has pretty much not been worth posting about for most of June and July. It's tough to go into epic detail about a couple of schoolies off of deer island when you guys are burning drags off the south end of Monomoy.

So it's not always a matter of give and take, 'cause all I've been taking lately is that I have been missing some really good fishing on the Cape while i have been stuck up here... although I understand your point completely. Look at R-T, 100 reads on a message and one reply. There is no exchange.

I AM little guarded about being overly specific on locations, because i recall several spots went down to tubes curtesy of R-T, and this was several years ago before it as a site went down the tubes as well.

So you give when you can in whatever manner you can--sometimes it's where the fish are, sometimes it's a good fly recepie or a knot or a product review. I'm happy to post the haba reports, although with no tunoids up here they won't get too much attention. For a "small" fishing community, there is still a ton of water out there--I fish every weekend and have yet to even meet half of you on the water...which i guess leads me to another thought-- a lot of people who post regularly here all know each other, which doesn't always make it easy for fresh faces to chime in...

This is a great site, and it's not going away any time soon, so don't be concerned about the lack of posts. I wish i had more to post---maybe after this weekend:

I go to join the tunoid madness this saturday, albiet as far from the maddening crowd as possible, in an 18' parker w/ black bottom, give a wave if you see me sliding by...

Jeff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.