is this a good setup? - Fly Fishing Forum
Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here Sage advice & fresh perspectives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2007, 04:09 PM

is this a good setup?

I have a 5/6 weight cheap 20 dollar martin combo but after reading up I seeI need a 8wt for the steelhead around here instead of this 5/6 rod.. so I was looking at a 8 wt rod for steelhead fishing. wondered if this would be a good combo? plus its on sale for 61 dollars. wondered if anyone tried this brand and what they think of it. I am not rich either so I don't really wanna spend over 100 bux if I don't have too. so will this catch steelhead or not? I went cheap the 1st time to see if I could cast and even fly fish. but now I don't want to buy some crap or get ripped off. heres the link. it also seems to have a disc drag system reel. is this is way better than the rim contolled single action that came with my 20 dollar rod setup? I guess what I am tryin to get at is this even worth the money? there are from bass proshops. http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...rtNumber=93216
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2007, 11:07 PM

don''t matter anyways its freakin sold out! not that anyone would help u outta the hundreds of people on here anyways

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.