Great Lakes get-together (SW MI) - Fly Fishing Forum
Great Lakes Steelhead & Salmon Amazing "Inland ocean" fisheries

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Thumper of Drum.

Send a message via AIM to Jamey McLeod Send a message via MSN to Jamey McLeod Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey McLeod
Great Lakes get-together (SW MI)

I know this is short notice for most, and it is on a holiday weekend. It looks like a small group of us are getting together on the St. Joe at the Berrien Springs dam on May 26th for some casting and fishing. Just got off the phone with the local Sage guy and it looks like we will have some of their sticks around to demo, and possibily a few others. There are already a dozen or so guys that said they will be there, I wasn't going to post anything, but I figured it would be a good chance to get some time on the water with some new rods, hang out with some old friends and make some new.

Drop me a PM if your interested, or just show up, and I apologize for the short notice.

Already have a grill offered up and a few burgers. I have a few packs of Brats in my freezer I could bring along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Thumper of Drum.

Send a message via AIM to Jamey McLeod Send a message via MSN to Jamey McLeod Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey McLeod
Just got late breaking word from Danimal that there will be half a dozen or so Meiser sticks available for demo also. I believe I heard something about a 15ft 8/9 Skagit rod that was a fan favorite at the Sandy gig.

Thanks Bob and Dan.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:12 AM
Thumper of Drum.

Just got confirmation that Peter Humphreys, THCI, Guideline pro staff, and Muskegon River guide will also be attending the event. He will be bringing along some Guideline equipment, doing a demo, and helping out with individual casting.

This thing is really coming together.

Thanks Doug and Peter for getting this together.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:21 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I usually like to pop in on these shindigs when I can but I will be on business travel then immediately moving a family member by truck thru that weekend. Tough to do it on Memorial even without obligations but have a great get-together!
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 05-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Thumper of Drum.

Thanks Juro,

This was a last minute thing and has really ballooned in the last week. If it goes well maybe next year we can set up some private casting lessons, and/or demos ahead of time with some of the THCI guys. Your presence would be very helpful with the great surf fishery in the area and the interest in casting flies from the beach.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Well after 12 years in the pacific northwest and ten more of annual steelheading return trips - I'd rather Spey cast in the traditional sense out there but if the schedule works I'd be happy to come out next year.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 05-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Thumper of Drum.

Just got a PM from Poppy. He is sending me 5 Airflo rods and a handful of Deltas to play with also. Along with that he is going to send a few door prizes. What a helluva guy.

I'm thinking a raffle at about 1pm or so. Maybe somebody can jump up to be the MC?

Thanks alot to Mike (poppy)@Redshed

Last edited by Jamey McLeod; 05-16-2007 at 04:26 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.