Fishing report - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2007, 07:26 AM
resigned

Fishing report

I'm thinking things have turned on in lots of spots but I'm hearing only a few reports. One thing is for sure. The Pawcatuck River has just turned on like a light switch. Lots of bass in the 25' to 30 " range being caught all the way down to the Barn Island ramp. Going to lauch the yak today. The Mystic River should be excellent today what with all the bunker. Could have walked across it yesterday. I've never seen such a concentration of menahden in all my life. Good fishing should follow unlike any we've seen in recent years. Better up the tippet sizes!!!!!!!!

Phil
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Squire animal

OK, you can stop now... it's not good for my blood pressure and I still have 5-weeks to wait untill I arrive on the Cape.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:18 PM
resigned

Sorry Stevo. If you were here now you would have a very hard time concentrating on making a living. Looking forward to your visit. I'll look you up after arrival.

Phil
Old 05-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Squire animal

Phil

When not fishing, I will mostly be in the Squire! You'll spot me as I'll be the one wearing a Cardinals T-Shirt!
Old 05-06-2007, 03:56 PM
PhlyPhishing Physician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
You'll spot me as I'll be the one wearing a Cardinals T-Shirt!
As long as it's not a Yankees T-shirt, you'll be reasonably safe
Flydoc
Old 05-06-2007, 04:04 PM
resigned

Best of both worlds. Chatham does have a reputation of being the little drinking village with a fishing problem. Two nice problems to have while on vacation! Fish oin the morning. Drink in the afternoon while the wind is howlin', get a nap and then head out to the sancutary for the evening bite. Where's your Guiness Shirt?

Phil
Old 05-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Secret:Time on the water

BFM,
I am liking your reports of one of my favorite harbors. Have spent alot of time around those environs the last couple of seasons. Never have I seen or heard of bunker int he numbers you are seeing this early that far east. it does get my mind to wandering about what is to come for sure. Better warm up those huge flies my friend as this may be the season to finally bag the monster on the fly. I have been so busy working on the boat, trailer and the truck and everything is all coming together nicely. Should have the boat splashed by the coming weekend. I would bet that within the next couple of weeks you will see serious activity from the large in your backyard given the large amount of big bait there now. The only problem is the large concentration of seals that you posted about earlier. Are they still making their presence known??? I hooked a 300+ lber. last fall out at the island and it was not fun, I tried to get it close enough to cut the line close to him but he wasn't having any of it. Finally had to cut him off as he started rolling up in the braided line and got it wrapped around his neck. Those critters can truly ruin your fishing day if they decide they want you have. Chomping at the bit to get on the water.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.