ohio steelhead - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2007, 11:16 PM

ohio steelhead

wow we went to vermilion river today around 2. there were hundreds of white suckers spawning in all the riffles!!!!!there wasn't any 4 days ago! We seen about 15 steelhead. thats about it. my cousin hooked up once but his line snapped! fish took his spinner like nothing? he says his line has to be bad. we couldn't get one bite on those suckers with a spinner tho. what can you use to catch the sucker fish? we watched a guy use nymphs and catch 3 in like 10 minutes but what kind I do not kno? what kind of nymphs are good around ohio? also what else can you use to catch those suckers with or without a flyrod? can you use just a bobber and a worm or maggots or minnows or something? soon I will have that fly rod so I can try that out instead
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2007, 01:32 PM

just got my fly rod in the mail!!! awesome! one thing tho...... its gonna rain for weeks. great.... guess I got to wait longer to learn how! I am new to fly fishing and not picky. i can practive on them sucker fish and then in month or 2 the bass and bluegills .also what nymphs are good to use in the ohio trib rivers? I see millions of flys and nymph patterns online. I have read bass and bluegills like poppers and basically any insect with rubberlegs so i will grab some of those but whats the best flies and nymphs that work around here? please help me out here so I can combine both orders and save shipping prices! lol.. Plus I am new to fly fishing and need any advice i can get. I ordered a couple fly fishing videos also from the library. I see there are mayfly, caddis, and all those kinds but what ones are in found in ohio. what patterns are the best? I don't want to order flies that only live in alaska or something and waste my money? I have heard of mayflies around here but there are like 30 mayfly fly patterns? will any work? sorry I am such a noob
Old 04-26-2007, 01:38 PM

thanks for all the tips and feedback for my post. so many people seem to post on here!!! rofl. actually there is a average of 115 people viewing this part of the forum and noone can post anything? I am still the only one who posted since yesterday!!! wtf? someone has to know something. does anyone even kno anthing about nymphs and flyfishing?
Old 04-27-2007, 04:43 PM

zzzz..... please someone wake me up when someone posts!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.