Bad influences! - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2007, 09:50 PM
CantAnchorUs

Bad influences!

Went to the RISAA show last weekend and I spent 4 hrs there on FRi evening and didn't spend a dime. I went back Sat at opening with JF and met up with Adrian, both of whom seemed to be on a buying spree, by the time I got out of there 7 hrs later I had dropped $140 and that didn't count the beer and nuts! I even bought a custom wooden plug!
There wasn't much in the way of Fly stuff but we did get a chance to cast a new line of rods, but I can't remember the name. If Basser remembers he can chime in. They seemed a little tippy to me but they sure could pound a line out. The Van Stall rep was throwing a whole line into the backing while talking about pinpoint casting for cruising Bones. These rods are priced to give TFO a competitor.
RISAA did a heck of a job with this show, over 500 booths and far and away the best time of the show season.
Slinger
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2007, 09:55 PM
CantAnchorUs

Another thing I allmost forgot about. There was a booth there with a Capt. out of Bristol that was giving away a free March Brown fly or spin rod with every charter booked. Come down for some lite tackle fishing and go home with a new rod, sweet!
Slinger
Old 04-04-2007, 04:17 AM
Pencil me in.....

Can't remember the name of that rod company either ? It was the same outfit from which Adrian purchased a few conventional rods for his kayak I pick up my new Lami jig stick in a few days Good to see Jim W at the show...He had quite a bag of goodies himself
Old 04-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Fly chucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinger
They seemed a little tippy to me but they sure could pound a line out.
Are you talking about the rods, or Adrian and Basser after a few drinks?
Old 04-04-2007, 02:50 PM

I wasn't going to bring it up here but I'm going to give wire line jigging a shot. Unlike the fly shows there are some real deals to be had at this show. Got 300' of wire for 8 bucks a ton of how to info from one booth that specialized in it. I found one vendor with some great powder coated jig heads 6oz. & the wire should make for a truely deep eel - tying my own jigs of course. I'd prefer to use downriggers but the wire route is much cheaper.
Good to see a few of you guys at the show.

Capt. Ray was manning one of the booths and talked me into the icebreaker - glad I went.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Having fished Billingsgate a lot over the last decade I've watched a lot of wire/jig guys out of Rock Harbor. Looks like a lot of work! Good ab abs and arms workout though.

I am going to try to make the Ice breaker but have a lot of business travel coming up and it's going to be a stretch at best.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.