I paid my dues on Saturday for a nice day on Sunday - Fly Fishing Forum
The Quintessential Trout Trout angling is the core of flyfishing worldwide.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2007, 09:40 AM

I paid my dues on Saturday for a nice day on Sunday

I went out on Saturday to fish the Arkansas River. The temp was in the upper 30's. It rained, it snowed the biggest flakes I've ever seen, and then it rained again. I had on a gore tex jacket and I still got wet. The water seeped through the jacket where my soaked chest pack was.

The fish I caught were hanging out in slack water where there was a fast current seam close by. The fly of the day was a chartruse caddis larve which represents the free swiming caddis on the river. I had the privilage of hooking onto 6 fish on Saturday, and landing 3 of them.

Sunday, what a difference 24 hours and some nice weather can make. I went back to my favorite area where I had fished the day before. It was a whole different game. It was in the 50's and the fish were feeding in the riffles. I used the same caddis larve fly but instead of peacock ice dub, I had used black peacock ice dub for the thorax. I caught about 12 fish and missed just as many. It was an awesome day to be out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Satisfied

Sounds like a good day on the Ark!
Old 04-06-2007, 12:34 PM
I bent my wookie

Ark

Fished the Arkansas a few years back on our road trip through CO, honestly one of my favorite rivers in CO...and that is saying a lot.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:57 AM

Saturday on the Ark was AWESOME!, Counting long distance releases, I hooked onto over 30 fish. If was freezing and wet all day but well worth it. There was a really nice BWO hatch at about 4:00PM that lasted till 5. One of my best days yet on the Ark.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.