Report from a few places - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2000, 06:01 PM

Report from a few places

It was a medical necesity that I get something on the end of my line today. I managed to do it but I kind of had to cheat.

I started the day with Mike at the Canal Herring run. Two hours of casting netted me one lost fly. Mike left for other adventures and I headed over to Wacky.

I took the "easy" hike to the jetty and spent another couple of fruitless hours. Starving, I headed back to the truck and swept the beach on the way. Again, nothing.

After some Micky D's I went to the fall back position. The Nuke plant. It was the first time I had been there and while it is a nice spot it sure is not condusive to multiple fishermen. This stop made the trip. The weather was really quite nice and the fish were very cooperative if small.

I feel so much better but a little cheap.

Gregg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2000, 06:10 PM
i'm so outta here

RE:Report from a few places

Nice going, G. Nah, not cheating. Nothing short of quarter sticks is cheating this time of year. I should have slept and joined you and Mike down at the Herring Run. I was there about 5:30 AM. Lots of herring, but damn little molesting it.

GregO and I may get out in his boat tomorrow. We might just have to put in at the East end and trek up to Plymouth harbor. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-29-2000, 06:59 PM

Gregg,

I'm surprised that stripers have gotten that far up. Were they fresh migratory fish, or could they have been hold-overs?
Old 04-30-2000, 10:49 AM

Is that cheating, I'd call it catching. The Nuke plant is a great spot for pluging, not to mention a spot to up your average. I checked the Eel river Saturday morning, nada. Plymouth harbor has been dead as far as I've seen but the herring are in thick. This is the week, if it doesn't snow...
Old 04-30-2000, 07:30 PM

GregO,

I'm sure they were holdovers. The people I have talked to say that you can easily catch fish there all year round. In the winter you have to work there or know someone because they close the park. If my info is right they opened it up on the first.

Gregg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.