Striper board pulls into lead - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2000, 09:10 PM

Striper board pulls into lead

In the hustle and bustle, this board just passed the Worlwide Flyfishing Discussion board with the most number of posts. I was watching it last week. It must have happened in the last couple of days. But...what does it all mean grasshopper?

TerryW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2000, 11:17 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Striper board pulls into lead

I applaud you with the sound of one hand clapping. Don't rip the rice paper on the way out

Oh no a Quai-chang segue...

A handicapped guy wanted to study with a master but was deathly afraid of staying in the temple after dark. He was blind, and had to walk a long way among horses and carts on a narrow busy road to get home. During the lessons, he was always obsessed with the arrival of dusk, asking the Zen master if it had become dark yet and thus unable to absorb his teachings.

One day the master kept the student enagaged with discussion until long after dusk. He grimly informed the student that it had grown very dark, and the disciple panicked. The master said "don't worry - take my lantern". This relieved the student who happily departed toward his house into the night. He walked proudly among the thundering hooves of horses in the dark holding the lantern high, made totally confident by his master's lantern.

A horseman suddenly stopped and asked "do you need a ride to town?". The student laughed "that's ridiculous - why would I need a ride when I have my master's lantern?". The horseman said "the lantern has never been lit" as he rode away.

The student was suddenly enlightened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.