Stuff For Sale - Fly Fishing Forum
For Sale by Owner Non-commercial items for sale!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2007, 01:13 AM

Stuff For Sale

1) Scott A2 9' 6 weight 4 piece $250
2) Winston LTX 9' 5 weight 3 piece $330
3) TFO Professional 9' 5 weight 4 weight (on ebay right now item #200078417482)

Other Rods:

3) Scientific Anglers 9' 5/6 weight 2 piece $25
4) South Bend Royal Coachman 8' 5/6 weight 2 piece $25
5) Eagle Claw Featherweight 7' 6 weight 2 piece $30 (this rod is a 6 weight but fishes like a 3 or 4 weight-very soft action!)

Reels:
1) South Bend Ginger Quill Reel $15
2) South Bend Automatic Reel $20
3) Scientific Anglers Concept 1 Model 58 Reel $30
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Steelhead/BrookTrout

Unhappy Stuff for sale WARNING

I won the bidding on the TFO rod. This guy was clear in his ad that PAYPAL was his preferred method of payment. When it was time for me to pay he insisted that I pay extra if I used PAYPAL and pushed hard for me to pay by money order. Ebay says Money Order payments offer no protection and one should beware of fraudulent sellers when paying with a money order. I couldn't believe how much this guy pushed to get payment by money order. I became suspicious and warn you to do the same.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to teflon_jones Send a message via Yahoo to teflon_jones
Thanks for the warning.

One thing that really bothers me about getting payment via PayPal is the high charges PayPal takes out of the credit card payments people send me. I do like the convenience of it though, so usually what I do is tack on a few extra bucks as a handling charge to my auctions to cover for this. It can really kill you on small value auctions since PayPal charges on a decreasing curve, i.e. a $5 PayPal payment may have $1 deducted but a $20 purchase may only have $2 deducted.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:20 PM

I tack the paypal charges in w/ my shipping charges. I will not pay anyone w/ money order. I've been scammed twice on ebay. Ounce for golf clubs and ounce for a shirt. Paid w/ paypal thru a credit card and got my money back on both. I'm not saying anything is wrong w/ the poster above but you are taking a big chance sending a money order. Bad feedback doesn't get you your money back.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:22 AM

That guy is just unreal....I can't and won't even begin to explain to you how much of a pest this person is. I'm not getting any bites on my equipment on this site anyway but if you have any doubt look at my ebay feedback, member id saves_today....yes you will see a negative feedback from the jerk who posted above, but like I said its difficult to put a person like him in words. He's gone off the deep end
Old 03-04-2007, 03:27 AM

Also, two days after you flipped out on me I sold the TFO to a clinically sane person in Washington. She sent me a personal check, I cashed it and sent her an absolutely gorgeous rod that she loves. Just like every other transaction I've ever made before you it was silky smooth. Such a good transaction that it makes up for like 20% of the massacre that you created, and that's saying a lot.

Last edited by jhaquett; 03-04-2007 at 03:48 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Steelhead/BrookTrout

Thumbs down WARNING WARNING WARNING

Anyone that tells me that they prefer I pay by PayPal and then pressures me to send a money order is really suspect at best. Watch out if you buy any of this "Stuff For Sale"
Old 03-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Jonesin...

Alright guys, I think everyone has said their piece. Please PM the seller if you are interested in anything listed.

Sean
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.