april destinations - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2007, 03:15 PM

Question april destinations

trying to plan april fly fishing vacation with non-fishing wife and 9-yr old son. trout or salt fine. am thinking rockies will be unpredictable that time of year.

caribean or mexico??? any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Satisfied

The Rockies can have some nasty weather in April BUT if you and the family ski....you're in business!! Colorado is probably your best bet.
OR
West Coast Stealhead,
OR
Tahoe area can produce that time of year.....especially if they continue to see warm temps.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:17 PM

thnks. i guess i need to keep an eye on snow pack, water flows, etc. colorado may be best bet
Old 02-10-2007, 08:05 PM
resigned

Get yourself to Nassau. Bahamas Air to Eluethera. A pricey flight but you can find a home rental with a car for about $1200 and enjoy some warmth and a few bones while your wife absorbs some vitamin D. If she likes to exlore beaches and flats she'll love being nearby while you fish an incoming tide. It's cold where you are right now. They'll love to see the out islands.

Phil
Old 02-11-2007, 11:03 AM
*** FORUM SPONSOR ***

Location: Western New York Steelhead, Bahamas Bonefish, Wild Western Trout
Eleuthera is a great choice. I've been going for 7 years with my family and we all love it.
Check out these pics:
http://www.cattarauguscreekoutfitter...ra2006gangcuda

PM me for more info.
God does not deduct from man's alloted time the hours spent fishing.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:43 PM

Easter week, Ambergris Caye, Belize. Get in touch with Severro Guerrero (~$220 for a full day on his skiff "Rosangela"). He will put you on a Grand Slam at least once, and this is an excellent time of year for it too. Bonefish are on the smaller side max 4-5 lb., but you'll cast to schools of 50-100 at a time. Ambergris Caye is also non-fishing partner/family friendly too, and there are even side trips on the mainland to ruins and Jungles. Snorkelling is incredible just a 1/4 mile trip off the beach with innexpensive guided trips by knowledgeable locals. For divers, the marine life is insane. Good places to eat, safe, and also some night life if that's your game. Very laid back environment.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:03 PM

Here in Colorado, April is an awesome time for fishing. If lake fishing is your thing, they are in the middle / end of ice off and the trout are hungry. The Arkansas River from Canon City to Salida is hot during that time. April to me is the best month on the Ark. You have Blue wings coming off on cloudy days and Caddis on nice sunny days. I have family coming in on April 14 and leaving on the 21st. I'll probably be fishing the first and last weekends of April. PM me if you will be here during that time and what to fish. I can put you on my favorite spots.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.