Fly Fishing Forum banner

Boneclave Scouting Report

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Jay C. 
#1 ·
With free time this afternoon I attempted the deathmarch to the jetty around 5:00 this afternoon.

First of all, it wasn't a march - it was a sprint. About 100 yards from the parking lot I spotted a pod slamming bait within casting distance. The Roop version of the run & gun followed ALL the way down the beach. Sprint (in waders), get close to where they were last seen cast, drift or strip, clean the mung off the fly, repeat.

No fish but a nice workout.

A school of small blues were slamming bait off the jetty, short strikes but no hook-ups.

Good luck this weekend & watch out for the nuts in the boats. I was disappointed to see several boats that were jockeying for position at the mouth of the inlet take off after a boat down the beach that was into fish. These "sports" surrounded the guy who was smart enough to find & get into fish. THen there were the dopes that would come trolling thru the blues up against the jetty whenever they surfaced.

I hope if & when I have a boat I don't act like that.

Roop

See less See more
#3 ·
Roop,

Praise the Lord! Thursday Diane hooked up with her first striper on a fly ! We were out in Duxbury Bay
and she tied into a couple that were just under keeper
length. Nothing legal limit, but that would have too much on the first bass fish taken on the fly. The bay was exploding all over but real sensitive to boat noise
and movement. Tied into some nice blues too, up to 26"
and close to 10#.
Can't make the bonito madness 'cause of work, but I'm not done in yet, September calls. Did your wife christen the "Valentine rod" yet? Take care

Jay C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.