Leather Fly Wallet - Help! - Fly Fishing Forum
Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here Sage advice & fresh perspectives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2007, 11:33 PM
but the scenery's great

Leather Fly Wallet - Help!

I purchased a great leather fly wallet about four years ago from a source that I found on the web. The wallet is typical size but differs from others that I have seen in that instead of lined sheepskin, it has a small three ring binder inside with four felt leafs. I have wanted to purchase a few more for the storage of Carrie Stevens and Atlantic Salmon display flies, and cannot find or remember where I got it. I finally figured out how to get pics in here (I think) and will include one or two.

If I remember right, it was about $30 (likely higher now) and I want to say the person who crafted it was from the midwest. I love these wallets and would certainly appreciate any help from the Flytalk network. PM me or leave a post if you recognize the maker or know where I can a similar one. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00002.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	6244   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00001.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	6245  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2007, 01:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to teflon_jones Send a message via Yahoo to teflon_jones
Good luck finding one of those! It's rare to find them with felt pages any more. I'd really say unheard of. That was a design that was much more common 50+ years ago. Now they all have sheepskin.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Nooksack Mac
If I remember (I still have one), these were offered through E. Hille, a fly tackle purveyor in the eastern U.S. whose ads I haven't seen in years. It's a good carrier for wet flies and smaller nymphs and streamers, but modern fly boxes are generally better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.