Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fly fishing Costa Rica

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  LongPointBayFF 
#1 ·
My girlfriend and I are traveling to Costa Rica in April-May for about 3 weeks... We are roughly planning on staying on the Osa/off Golfo Dulce for about 8-10 days, Caribbean coast for about 5-6 days and about 3 days to go to the Arenal area. We will be traveling by public transport and are on a budget for accom and food - willing to spend a little more if something is really recommended.

I want to do as much fly fishing as possible while on vacation and am looking for any information about good fishing areas, guides to ask around for, etc. in these areas. All of the searching we have done on the internet gives us only really expensive options for high-end lodges, etc. as is usually the case with this type of search. We are looking instead for recommendations of local guides who can take us shore/inland stream/river/lake fishing, etc. (rather than deep-sea) while we may base our stay out of accommodations of our own choice. That way my girlfriend can fish if she chooses, or could do some other activity of her choice.

As for budget for guiding, etc. about $0-225 per day would be our aim.
Thanks for any help...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.