Andros South - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2007, 12:35 AM

Andros South

What's up...I just booked in last minute to Andros South. It is formerly The Bonefish Bay Club. Any reviews? Tips?

I'm going to bring mostly Gotchas. They seemed to be the most consistant down in Acklins. I'm in Jan. 20-27. They still have room.

Nute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2007, 09:34 AM

Looks like you have a cold front coming through 1/9 - 1/12.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:54 AM

Nute,

I was just down there a month ago. Stayed at a different place but fished the same areas you will be fishing. I tried lots of different flies over the course of the week (most worked) but by the end was fishing only #4 gotchas.

The fish seemed to see the big fly better and would jump on it as long as the presentation was good.

The only exception for me were the ultra-skinny flats on low-wind days where I went with small stuff.

The fish did not seem tippet shy at all. Also there were tons of big cuda and sharks if that's your thing.

The wading flats in the deep south are incredible. Have fun!
Old 01-06-2007, 09:55 AM
*** FORUM SPONSOR ***

Location: Western New York Steelhead, Bahamas Bonefish, Wild Western Trout
I haven't been there since it was Bonefish Bay , but I'm told they have made even more improvements than the old owner did after he took it over from the Rahmings. Nice place right on the water.
You'll have options to fish the west side (hour ride), the south end (hour ride), or the flats of deep creek and little creek, which are very close. you may even be able to hike into some remote areas now. All of these areas have good fishing.
South end is awesome, but if the water is rough on the east side you're in for a rough ride--bring full rain gear.
West side is awesome too, and not a really rough ride as you go thru the creek system to get there. Watch out for sharks there--they can be aggressive.
have fun!!
God does not deduct from man's alloted time the hours spent fishing.

Last edited by Vince; 01-06-2007 at 03:16 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.