Madagascar Bound - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2006, 10:12 AM

Madagascar Bound

Gents, new to the forum, but not to saltwater fly fishing. I am getting geared up for a trip to Madagascar and find myself a little out of date with all the new gear. I have several Tibor and Billy Pate AR reels, but I am looking for a new 12 weight rod. I am pretty much a Sage guy, but have been looking at the T-3.

Anyone with some experience in the area of surf fishing that can get me up to speed on the new rod and reel gear?

Thanks,

Doc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2006, 05:22 PM

Hey Doc,

I have a 10 wt Sage Xi2 that I have been very happy with. I have not invested in a 12 wt yet but I am thinking about the Xi2. There is a model that has an upper grip for Spey or 2 handed casting. I have not compared any 12 wts yet so I am not sure how the Xi2 stands up to different brands. One of the most important consideration for me is finding the lightest possible rod with the desired action. Even though my 10 wt which is pretty light I could barely move my arm after a week of hardcore casting in the surf.

Have you found out any info on fishing in Madagascar? I realy want to visit myself one of these days. Two good friends went a couple of years ago an their pictures were awsome. One of their interesting comments was that the whole island smelled like spices due to the prevelence of clove, cardamon and other spice plantations.

Take lots of pictures and give us a report when you return.

Cheers,

Wolfgang
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.