Steelhead Summit Alliance - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2006, 12:30 AM
Holdout

Steelhead Summit Alliance

An opportunity to get involved

Last call for Steelhead Summit registration! Please refer any RSVPs or questions to David Moryc dmoryc@amrivers.org, (503) 827-8648

Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 10:36 AM
Subject: Steelhead Summit Alliance Meeting-Portland-This Saturday

Steelhead Advocates:

Registration is still open so join us this Saturday for the 9th Steelhead Summit Alliance meeting. We have another great agenda focusing on the latest steelhead issues and research. Light breakfast and lunch will be provided. There will be door prizes and silent auction items. The agenda is attached and directions to the location can be found below. Feel free to email or call me with any questions. Pass the word to folks you'd think are interested.

Special thanks to our hosts and sponsors: Wild Steelhead Coalition, Oregon Council Trout Unlimited, Trout Unlimited, American Rivers, Confluence Consulting, Native Fish Society, Patagonia, Fish First, G Loomis Rods, GI Joes, Kaufmanns' Streamborn, Countrysport Limited, and others.

This Saturday!
Steelhead Summit IX
Hosted by the Steelhead Summit Alliance

Portland, Oregon

Saturday December 9th, 2006

8:30AM – 4:30PM

Jean Vollum Natural Capital Building

721 NW Ninth Avenue

The Steelhead Summit is a bi-annual gathering of concerned groups, anglers and citizens to discuss the latest issues facing steelhead throughout their range. Jointly these groups make up the Steelhead Summit Alliance which work together on behalf of the protection and restoration of native, wild steelhead.

The Agenda includes presentations from noted scientists working on fisheries and habitat research as well as discussion of public policy important to steelhead advocates. This summit will be the 9th of its kind. We encourage groups and individuals that haven't taken part in the past to join us.

To register or for more information contact:
David Moryc, dmoryc@amrivers.org, (503) 827-8648

Event Location:

Jean Vollum
Natural Capital Center
721 NW 9th Avenue

Driving Directions
From the North:
»I-5 South »I-405 South
»Exit #2B - Everett Street
»Left onto NW Everett Street
»Left onto NW 10th Avenue

From the East/Airport
(11 miles, 23 minutes):
»Airport Way »I-205 South
»I-84 West »I-5 North
»I-405 Fremont Bridge
»Left onto NW Everett Street

From the South:
»I-5 North »I-405 North
»Right onto NW Everett Street

From the West:
»US-26 East (Sunset Highway)
»North on I-405
»Right onto NW Everett Street

The Steelhead Summit Alliance

The Steelhead Summit Alliance is a coalition of steelhead advocacy groups that first met in 2002 to coordinate efforts to encourage better stewardship of this magnificent game fish, including some 40 diverse, mainly fishing and conservation groups ranging from California to British Columbia. The Alliance loosely works together on issues such as hydropower, harvest, habitat, hatcheries, the Endangered Species Act, and enforcement.

-Lost poor realitive of the Simms family fishing fortune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.