St Pauls River??? - Fly Fishing Forum
Classic Atlantic Salmon No pursuit rivals salmon rivers, flies & legacy

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2006, 12:31 AM
Spey'd and lovin it!!!

St Pauls River???

Hello lads.
I found this little treasure at a local sale and never really took the time to investigate. Anyone know the 5 W's on this club?
Thanks and look forward to hearing from those in the know.
Salmon Chaser

Having trouble posting a picture(file size) . Its a set of four coasters (EarthenArt) with "St Paul's Salmon Fishing club" and Quebec Canada. Six flies are pictured in the middle. Nice set, one of my coolest finds.
Any info is appreciated.
Salmon Chaser

Last edited by SALMONCHASER; 12-04-2006 at 12:41 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2006, 02:35 PM

Question St Pauls River

Isn't the St Pauls river on the Quebec North Shore? Past Natashquan? I have heard one one fellow mentioning it once about ten years ago, he was the owner of a Flyshop in Dartmouth, NS named the Green Highlander. Hmmmm offf to check a map now that you've got my curosity up.

Bill Gass
New Brunswick
Old 12-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Spey'd and lovin it!!!

Hi Bill.
You know i posted this question one night just for the hell of it and admit that i had done exactly NO RESEARCH myself. Lazy?? probly!! Thanks for takin the time and i guess i'll try a few searches myself tomorrow. Just kinda hoping someone would have some info just off hand. Thanks for lookin.
Dwayne
Old 12-23-2006, 05:25 PM

The gentleman who had mentioned the St Paul river to me ran a fly shop in Dartmouth and I don't believe that it is open any more. He was kind of a biker flyfishing guy with a beard and leathers on but with a very extreme dedication to fly fishing, I don't recall his name. But the way I understood it the location was very remote. OK upon checking the fringes of a Nfld and Labrador map I see that the St Paul river is the last one (along the Quebec North Shore) before the border with Labrador. The closest town looks to be Blanc Sablon where the ferry lands fron Nfld. and I don't see any roads in there although I am going off an old map. Probably logging roads in to it by now. While we're on the topic are all Salmon rivers in Quebec pay per day? Or are some of the more remote ones not adminsitered by a ZEC?

Bill Gass

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.