11-30-06 report. - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2006, 04:37 PM

11-30-06 report.

I went out today to play around with the spey rod down at the local udl creek,I had'nt been out for a week and ahalf and fully expected to maybe find a hold over schoolie or two.I started up in the creek and worked my way towards the mouth of the estuary where I was greeted with diving gannets and gulls with fish breaking all along the east sand bar.I had action for about 2 hours ,these were all fat lice covered fish up to just under legal size.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2006, 08:47 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Wow that is unbelievable! I've had good early Nov days near there but this could go into Dec. Amazing
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 12-01-2006, 11:13 AM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
WOW...

Paul, so the fat lady has not begun to sing. Is it my imagination, or does the migration continue to be later each year?
Old 12-01-2006, 12:25 PM

reluctant stripers

Maybe they don't want to return to the polluted Chesapeake Bay just yet -- self preservation from infection.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:30 PM

I think these fish are around this late in the year every year,as long as there's bait around .Right now there's alot of mackeral,and still juvi herring dumping out of the run into the canal.I think the weather has been mild enough to keep fishing more later into the year at a steadier pace rather than picking the best days to go out and hoping to run into some fish that happen to come by.My fishing logs indicate fiding fish like this well into December is not that uncommon,I think fishing when it's around 20 degrees and a howling 20-30mph NNE wind in your face takes some of the enjoyment out of it,even I have my breaking point.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Local Boob

I've found that there are a good number of fish in the 20's all through the Cape - the most consistent is the UDL (which really should just be that place's name) The Bassless river actually has a few good sized fish in it now as does Herring River - although I suspect that may drop off after this Full Moon period (just because the Bay side ponds herring left a month ago.

In fact the only month starting in May that I haven't caught a keeper was October - which is pervious years was the only month I had...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.