Glen Emma Matapedia: Probable dates - Fly Fishing Forum
Classic Atlantic Salmon No pursuit rivals salmon rivers, flies & legacy

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2006, 03:01 PM

Glen Emma Matapedia: Probable dates

I placed 81 in the pre-season draw for Glen Emma. I was hoping somebody could tell me what dates I might expect. I figure if everybody took the maximum 4 days that would place me into late August. But I'm sure a lot of winners opt for only a few days. I’m hoping for at least the 3rd or 4th week of July.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2006, 08:58 AM

Dear GSB,

Last year I did the math just like you. I was #56. The situation is that many people who are ahead of you are not interested in the dates that you want. As well you need to pay for two rods if you secure them. Some people only book for themselves.

At #56 I had a wide range of dates to choose from. I decided on June 25-6-7-8. I enjoy being just on the edge before July as I have had the temps sneak up very quickly after the third week of June. In my opinion the Matapedia is a jewel during the last week of June as the fish represent the pinnacle of what salar can be. I much prefer rain and cool to sun and hot.

At #81 I think you will be able to get just about any week you want except for the first week of July. Give yourself as many options as possible and you will not be disappointed. Glen Emma is the best managed and finest group of guides in our sport. And the pools are some of the best holding water I have ever seen. I fished Oak Tree, Angus, Milnikeg, Kennedy and a few others and had 6 fish for the four days. I raised about 20 others and lost a screamer in lower Angus.

I would love to have #81 and not #225. I can only hope for the call in day.

Good luck,

C.R.O.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:58 AM

Dear GSB,

Last year I did the math just like you. I was #56. The situation is that many people who are ahead of you are not interested in the dates that you want. As well you need to pay for two rods if you secure them. Some people only book for themselves.

At #56 I had a wide range of dates to choose from. I decided on June 25-6-7-8. I enjoy being just on the edge before July as I have had the temps sneak up very quickly after the third week of June. In my opinion the Matapedia is a jewel during the last week of June as the fish represent the pinnacle of what salar can be. I much prefer rain and cool to sun and hot.

At #81 I think you will be able to get just about any week you want except for the first week of July. Give yourself as many options as possible and you will not be disappointed. Glen Emma is the best managed and finest group of guides in our sport. And the pools are some of the best holding water I have ever seen. I fished Oak Tree, Angus, Milnikeg, Kennedy and a few others and had 6 fish for the four days. I raised about 20 others and lost a screamer in lower Angus.

I would love to have #81 and not #225. I can only hope for the call in day.

Good luck,

C.R.O.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:13 PM

Thanks

Hello C.R.O.

Thank you very much for the information. That’s good news. I also have a week booked in July on the St-Jean, York and Dartmouth. My plan is to combine everything into 2 weeks. I also have some lottery water on the Petite. I'll probably head back up for 3 or 4 days on the Matane in late August as well. Good luck with your June dates!!

GSB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.