The Petite Cascapedia - Fly Fishing Forum
Classic Atlantic Salmon No pursuit rivals salmon rivers, flies & legacy

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2006, 11:47 AM
Venture

Send a message via ICQ to Venture
The Petite Cascapedia

Anyone have some experience on the Petite? First time I got some water. Gotta make my selection shortly. What sectors produce well during mid July? Wading is much perfered..l. Any experienced veiw point appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2006, 12:01 PM

Location: Many. From NE salt, Russia, Canadian A Salmon, NW Steelhead, Bahamas, Keys. Live in Upstate NY
Sector B. Edgar Cyr and Millbrook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2006, 12:20 PM

Petite Cascapedia

You really applied for the Petite to win Sector B, Sector C is Public, Downstream of Sector B is Prive (Brule). I agree with wrke pool selections for sure, But I personally prefer to be first on Gross remous (big eddy) and I hang out in the tail until a new pair of fisherman appear. If they don't, I go back to the head and fish it again, it is a classic holding pool!! Love the river!!
Old 11-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Venture

Are Edgar Cyr and Milbrook both in sector B or are they separate sectors? And if they are not available, what would the next best sector be? Gross Remous? And where can I obtain a map of this river......anyone know? Love this dreaming.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:58 PM

Location: Many. From NE salt, Russia, Canadian A Salmon, NW Steelhead, Bahamas, Keys. Live in Upstate NY
Yes, all three are in Sector B. You can probably get a map by writing to ZEC on the Petite.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:29 PM

Howie
How dja do for dates ?
I found it incredible that , although the Petite was excellent this year ,a lot of water was still up for grabs this afternoon for '07!
Cheers
Old 11-23-2006, 10:48 PM

Petite

I took 2 rods for 3 days at the end of August. We already have 2 weeks booked on other rivers in July. Maybe I'll hit it right with cooler weather and some rain to freshen things up. I never fished this river before, so I'm really looking forward to the trip. I love getting these trips booked now. It really gives me the enthusiasm I need to tie flies all winter long. Man I love Salmon fishing!
GSB
Old 11-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Venture

S.R.
Much later in July than I wanted. They were the earliest dates available when they called. So I took them....July 27+28. Have to keep all the reservations within July due to my schedule. Will be very busy next summer between settling in at my new camp on the Matane, and fishing a few days on the York, Dartmouth, Bonnie, Petite, not to mention the Matane. When were your dates on the Petite?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.