FLY FISHING ARUBA - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2006, 01:40 AM

FLY FISHING ARUBA

i am going on my annual trip to Aruba this Thanksgiving and i was wondering if there was any way that i could get into bonefish or tarpon in the flats...anyone with any knowledge on the subject please let me know what you have to say.
much appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Use the 'Search' option to find all posts on flyfishing Aruba on this site - which could very well be the most on the entire web as there is little out there.

here is an example:

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flyta...ighlight=aruba
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 11-08-2006, 06:45 PM

Send a message via MSN to arubaman
uhm... I am on Aruba at this moment.
leaving for a short trip to bonaire next week monday (13th) will be back on tuesday the 21st. And leave for home (Netherlands) on thursday evening 23th. Depending on when you are here we could make an appointment, korea will be around too...
A 8wt rod will do, maybe a 10 for tarpon, but not yet had any tarpon within casting range this trip and not yet spotted a bone...
Old 11-08-2006, 10:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to Korean_fly Send a message via MSN to Korean_fly
8 more days...Hey arubaman, hope we can meet up and anyone else going there. Mini clave lol.

Adrian
Old 11-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubaman
but not yet had any tarpon within casting range this trip and not yet spotted a bone...
Not even spotted one at Malmok? not good

Did you spot tarpon out of casting range if not in it?
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 11-15-2006, 07:28 PM

Hey arubaman, I actually arrive on Wednesday the 22nd and leave Sunday the 26th. I have a 9' 9wt Orvis outfit that I pretty much customized for redfish, bonefish and the occasional small tarpon along with anything else that size. I'm staying at Costa Linda if you have heard of that, and in the past I have not heard of anywhere to go fly fishing. do you have a specific rate or would you just be willing to take me out on a trip and show me a couple of spots, either way i am interested.
Thanks for your response.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:01 PM

Send a message via MSN to arubaman
Hey dave,
I sent you an email earlier this week, with my phonenumber. Hope you got that and will call me up. Adrian hopefully will do to and we will have that mini clave. Sea has been a little weird past days, at the moment the wind blows hard and malmok is a bit muddy, but today I saw about 7 bones, hooked up two nice ones and lost them both on the #@$#$%@ corals. Still it is the best adrenaline you can imagine, sightcasting to a bone, then see him rush off and feel it on your gear.
Maybe I am not that good a fisherman after all, both fish I hooked I lost today, after the first run out (30 and 50 yards of backing estimated) They will get stuck or snap of on corals. Still haven't found out a way to prevent them from getting there. allready drill them quite hard.
Reeling in those yards of backing and then your entire flyline is quite painfull, especially knowing you lost yet another nice fish.

My rates???? Hell, we are all flyfisherman trying to help each other out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.