Ny Tributary Brown Trout Runs - Fly Fishing Forum
Great Lakes Steelhead & Salmon Amazing "Inland ocean" fisheries

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2006, 02:57 PM

Ny Tributary Brown Trout Runs

Hi all,
New member to the site, like what I see so far. I would like to introduce myself and say hi to all....My names Rich, I am from CT and do quite a bit of fishing, primarily chasing large trout, but do not limit myself to the sole species.

I make the annual pilgrimage to the western NY Tribs yearly in search of that 20 + pound brown, numerous sightings but yet to land that picture fish. I was just curious if there were any folks out there who have the same interests as myself and were willing to either talk via email, or on the forum about experiences, techniques or other success or stories they have had in search of those big guys. I dont limit myself to jus the browns, I chase the steelies and domestic rainbows too.

I need to clarify my post, I am not looking for anyones secrets to be let out, just to maybe make some new fishing friends to exchange ideas, philosophies and fishing stories with.

A brief history of myself goes as follows, been fishing since the age of 5, picked up the flyrod at 10 and havent put it down yet....been tying since the age of 16, been all over New England and the Northeast, Alaska many times, and have been guiding as a secondary income source for almost 5 years now in CT. (float trips and wade).

I guess I was inquiring about the use of plastic beads on fall run browns. I have extensive experience with their use in both alaska and in new england, but havent tried them on the Erie and Ontario tribs and was curious on their success in that neck of the woods. I would assume them to be as deadly as anywhere else but was curious about others insight.

Let me know and hi to all

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.