Rhodey? The End? No. Shore report - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2006, 12:39 PM

Rhodey? The End? No. Shore report

Well Grego and I spent Sunday reeling in about 40 twinkies a piece from the Danvers R. , and then up to Manchester. Looks like the last outing.
What's with Rhodey guys? Horrible late October reports. One more day would be nice but what gives?

Lefty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Jonesin...

Lefty,

I still think it has yet to happen in Rhody. Water temps are still around 60 and as of Sunday night Greenwich Bay still had wall to wall peanuts. I think you could see action into November. Last year we had albies in eastern LI sound as late as November 5th. I wouldn't count us out just yet.

Sean
Old 10-24-2006, 01:35 PM
LBFF Mojo

Still summer time fishing here. Still finding lots of fish up in the providence area in the salt ponds. The blitzing folks equate to fall fishing really just is not happening yet. Hopefully once all this bait falls out of the bay things will get going. I experienced blitzes as late as Nov 30th last year so there is still some fishing to come.

-sean
Old 10-24-2006, 04:53 PM
resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
Still summer time fishing here. Still finding lots of fish up in the providence area in the salt ponds. The blitzing folks equate to fall fishing really just is not happening yet. Hopefully once all this bait falls out of the bay things will get going. I experienced blitzes as late as Nov 30th last year so there is still some fishing to come.

-sean
Tons of fish where leaving the big salt pond on Sunday. A few friends can testify to it. They'd never seen anything quite like it. Shores to the west should start lighting up like mad. The Thames is also going bonkers on the outgoing.

Phil
Old 10-24-2006, 09:02 PM
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty
Rhodey? The End?

Lefty
Hmm . . . . Take a look at some of the late October and November posts from prior years . Strange things happen and every year is different, but there's no reason for me to believe that things would end early this year. I think we still have a month of fishing when you will find lots of small fish but still have a chance to hook a big blue or striper, or maybe even a hardtail during the next week or so. Some very (very, very) large stripers have been caught in November in MA, RI and CT. You never know if you don't go. Hasn't happened for me yet, but that's what I keep telling myself

Q
Old 10-24-2006, 09:45 PM

Quentin...if this weather ever quiets down...look for someone with a white plastic thumb brace on the RI shores...I really would like to get down to Watch hill area and points east before the fat lady sings. Was hoping to hit Sandwich earlier this week...but with the blow going on, it would have been ridiculous.
Ron
Old 10-24-2006, 10:26 PM

Smile sandwich

Ron your right Sandwich was ridiculous.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:57 AM

Stripstriper...as in I should have gone?
Old 10-25-2006, 11:44 AM

Sandwich?

Hmm...I fished sandwich this past Sun at dawn on foot for 4-5 hrs. Low tide is obviously not ideal there. I found it to be kinda slow compared to previous weeks. Please PM me if I'm missing something!
Old 10-25-2006, 12:44 PM

Plymouth had fish last night. These next few days could push the temp below tolorable levels though. Latest I've ever seen 'em blitzing on top in my area. Sunday morning was my first skunking in a long time but they seem to be hitting in the afternoon/evening - all small.
Seals are in the harbor and they are doing a good job on adult pogies. Maybe the pogy comeback is keeping the seals off the stripers.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:45 PM

Left,
It was 2years ago this coming weekend that we got into the Bonito in Rhody.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Jonesin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW
Left,
This weekend is looking tuff weather wise. Unfortunately that may spell the end of the NE boating season for me as I am off to NC the following week. Halfway tempted to burn my last vacation day I was saving for the holidays on Friday though. NW 5-10 is looking good for a final cruise. Hope someone will get out to enjoy it.

Sean
Old 10-25-2006, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW
Left,
Jim: Yes sir, very memorable, the sashimi man, whoa!

Sean thanks for the update. I have a hard time thinking it hasn't started yet down there. I guess I need a skunking to put the season to bed with!

Lefty
Old 10-25-2006, 04:38 PM

That would be a YES,there are a couple of jettys(beach breaks)that seem to attract and hold fish this time of year not far from the canal.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:25 PM
resigned

Rhoddy III??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Quentin...if this weather ever quiets down...look for someone with a white plastic thumb brace on the RI shores...I really would like to get down to Watch hill area and points east before the fat lady sings. Was hoping to hit Sandwich earlier this week...but with the blow going on, it would have been ridiculous.
Ron
I'll be fishing on Friday at Watch Hill. Low tide at 6am so we'll have the entire AM in coming tide to play with. NW to west afternoon and no howling wind! Ron. We didn't fish together this year and in one month it'll be over. Come on down Ron, Paul, Craig, Bill, JimW, Quentin, Adrian and whoever else can make it. We'll have our own little Rhoddy III!

Phil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.