Andros: Joulter vs. West Side - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2006, 09:32 AM
but the scenery's great

Andros: Joulter vs. West Side

A friend and I are going to Andros next spring. We found a nice setup where a dude owns a small lodging spot and will let us stay there and use his flats boat for the week. We are getting a guide for two of the days, then doing our own thing for the other five days. I have been to other Bahamas spot, but this is my first time to Andros. My question is this: with our two guide days, we are looking at tooling north to Joulter's Cays or through the bights to the westside-one or the other. For you Andros anglers, if you had to choose one or the other, which would it be.

We're on our own for the rest of the five days with a boat, so if you hear of two whiteboys lost at sea next April on CNN, don't expect any more posts from Geordie. should be an adventure, and I can't wait. Thanks for the input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2006, 09:44 AM

If it's blowing >15 kts from the NW to the NE quadrant, go to the west side; otherwise Joulters would be my preference by far.
Where on the island will you be staying?
Old 10-20-2006, 10:13 AM
but the scenery's great

Andros

We're staying at Hanks Place in Andros Town. One of our two guide days will be getting to know the stuff closer in, but we are heading out on the second day.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:48 AM

If you're at Hank's, fish Fresh Creek. I was down there just last week. The top guide for that area is Brent Mackey, aka 'Bonefish Bradley'. Whom did you book?
I know Fresh Creek and surrounding areas rather well, and would be glad to share detailed insight. Probably the best way to do that would be in person over area charts, but I'm game for other ways, too. P.M. me for detailed info, if you'd like.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:17 AM
but the scenery's great

nice

dude, I appreciate that. We are booked with Herman (last name unknown), but only for one day right now. The second day is still in limbo. If your guy is available, I wouldn't mind dropping him an email. I prefer to mix guides up, get different views and perspectives on things. What are his rates for a day to Joulter's? I'll PM you a little later when we get closer and have our timeline a little more finalized and would certainly appreciate any info you can give me. Very professional of you brother.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:17 PM

Herman Bain's a good guide, but hasn't been on the water a lot lately. IMHO, you're passing up some top-notch bonefishing waters right at Hank's doorstep in your rush to the Joulters and/or west side.

Shoot me your email address so I can send you some info on the area.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.