Upper cape - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2006, 03:43 PM

Thumbs down Upper cape

I found no one home along the East Sandwich beaches from sandy neck to the canal,also tried Buzzards Bay along West Falmouth samething "0",yesterday fish were every along this area.Tried several spots along the canal same thing "0".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2006, 04:46 PM
resigned

High pressure system. Give it a couple of days. I've had horrible times finding fish after a blow and low to high pressue. Hopefully.....this will turn around come next Friday in Rhoddy. Hope it's worth the trip for you Paul.

Phil
Old 10-13-2006, 04:57 PM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
Hey Paul, try east of your locales. Good this a.m.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:01 PM
I remember sometimes...,

Hey Jim,
Have you applied for Mass. residency yet!!!
You spent so much time this year on Cape you probably need to buy a non-resident PA deer tag!
Hope you are catching some big ones.
Cheers,
Rooster
Old 10-14-2006, 05:37 PM

Saturday....met up with Jim, Craig and FishHawk today at a UDL bayside spot....we all did well, nothing spectacular (except one keeper for Jim...he denied it was big enough), but fat, feisy fish.
To the dismay of FishHawk....I used my potent fish attractors consisting off pipe tobacco and white plastic aroma (my thumb brace).
Ron
Old 10-15-2006, 04:29 AM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
Fishing has been good, catching has been tough. The bayside has been hit 'n miss. No consistency. Moving around and perseverence does have its rewards. With water temps in the lo 60s, the migration hasn't started, I believe. With relatively stable, fallweather forecasted for this week, it should start to happen.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:38 AM

Paxton put on a show using his secret pipe tobacco. weapon He caught many feisty fat migrating fish. His reputation is intact. Perhaps he will now fish another area besides South Beach.
As usual ,a great day fishing with Jim and Craig. We had a great meal at the Squires the night before and the scenery was outstanding .
FishHawk
Old 10-15-2006, 08:52 AM

Bill...speaking of scenery......I think we will all agree...the Cape has some of the most beautiful places that exist. It never ceases to amaze me and you are right...as much as I love SB/Monomoy.....yesterday convinced me to explore other areas as well....it is amazing to drive down a road to apparently nowhere...and up pops a scene worthy of a post card! Of course, I would have to be a "resident" like Jim, to take full advantage of it all.
Now, add good friends to the scene, along with cooperative fish, good natured ribbing and flies marinated in a dash of Captain Black pipe tobacco....and it was one heck of a day! And remember....for a rare moment, the 4 of us actually out did the spin guys...it was funny when one of them said to me in a good natured manner..."what the hell are you guys doing?" That should happen again in about 2010.
Ron

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.