Fly Fishing Forum banner

On the Cape next Week

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Sean Juan 
#1 ·
I'll be on the cape (Chatham) next week for a late season fishing trip. Where would my time be best spent: bayside, oceanside or southside? Looking for birds during the day? Inlets at night? All of the above? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sam

#2 ·
Fished the Brewster flats and Chapin beach area in Dennis this weekend. Felt like I was in the middle of a Alfred Hitchcock movie, birds all over the place and all the schoolies you would ever want to catch underneath them. Heard some of these blitzes lasted all day long on the bayside.

#3 ·
Doubt you'll find late season fishing on the Cape next week.

You'll have more success if you just consider it to be the last week in August rather than mid-October.

Bayside has more fish, Soundside has the Bunker - or at least it did before the NE wind haven't seen them since but I haven't really been looking. Oceanside is where I'll be focusing - but I'm more in a learning mode for future success than a catch fish right now mode.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.