Rhoddy Clave 2006 Plans - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2006, 05:47 PM
resigned

Rhoddy Clave 2006 Plans

It's a little early to tell but Friday and Saturday look to be dry with wind coming out of the south for Friday night and into Saturday. A front may move in and bring a slight chance of rain for Sunday. Of course all this can change as the week progresses.

I need some help now that we are getting close. I've been swamped with work so my mind is not fully into the spectrum of where we stand for a meeting spot and on which days/nights. I am still waiting on reports closer to the dates so we can zero in on productive water.

Looks like we will have a night fishing division (sweeeeeeeet!) this year and for good reasons. Who would like to help form that aspect of the Clave?

The daytime division and meeting point will be posted later in the week for Friday and Saturday based on reports from the evening guys.

You can always reach me at 860-389-7598 for up to the moment statistics on Friday and Saturday. Let's get this thing off the ground pretty soon. I plan to cover the beaches on Saturday with new friend and Forum member Artb. I will be fishing Napatree Point at first light on Friday morning. I'll get a nap and then fish most of the night Friday night. I will not be fishing on Sunday unless calling out is justified by fantastic flyfishing opportunities.

Please....everyone chime in with their plans and we will get some teamwork established. We've got the interest......all we need now are <*)====={

Phil
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2006, 08:28 PM

fish are around

Just heard from a friend. There is bass and blues around South County from Narragansett to Napatree. First and last light, Night fishing is good, Saturday I am still hoping to be around. I have to go to the hospital Frday for test I am going to be operated on Wednesday next week so this Saturday will be my last day for the year unfortunately. Just when the fishing is getting good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2006, 08:46 PM
resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by artb
Just heard from a friend. There is bass and blues around South County from Narragansett to Napatree. First and last light, Night fishing is good, Saturday I am still hoping to be around. I have to go to the hospital Frday for test I am going to be operated on Wednesday next week so this Saturday will be my last day for the year unfortunately. Just when the fishing is getting good.

Art. I have heard the same. Seems this southerly wind has turned things around a bit. I sure am glad you've found a doctor to help you with your back issue. With some faith and a good mend you will be up and at um like the fishing days old! I plan to spend the better part of Saturday with you if you so decide to come. If not, I know it's because your following the good doctor's orders before your operation to not overdo it. Watching you prance all about the jetty a few weeks ago was a sight to behold! Hope I can do that when I'm 78 years old. God speed on your recovery!!!!!!! We will all be thinking of you come Wednesday.

Phil
Old 09-18-2006, 11:14 PM
Flats Rat

I might have something else on Saturday morning but right now I'm definite for Saturday evening/night and Sunday morning.

I'll know for definite tommorow evening.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:29 PM

Friday and Saturday.

I am thinking of coming down to R.I. friday morning and staying over til saturday evening,where is everybody meeting,and who's doing the night shift?
Old 09-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Recovering Albie-holic

I'll be out there late Saturday but probably won't wet a line until Sunday AM, unless its the beach behind our rental house. If anyone will be around Sunday morning, then send me a PM so we can exchange cell numbers.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Pencil me in.....

I will be at my daughters in Warwick on Friday Nite to check out her cooking ....getting up early Sat am to check out a few spots to the South before breakfast
Old 09-20-2006, 10:19 AM
BB5 Survivor

We'll be down early Sunday morning -- plan is to splash @ Stonington before first light, start at Napatree/Watch Hill and then decide where best to run. "Castalot" on 9, 16 & 68 -- or my cell phone for thems that has it.

-J
Old 09-20-2006, 05:15 PM
resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperstripper
I am thinking of coming down to R.I. friday morning and staying over til saturday evening,where is everybody meeting,and who's doing the night shift?
Paul. Watch Hill, RI is about 2.5 to 3 hours from Chatham. Or, if you don't mind the couch.....half an hour from my house and the Shadhole is just down the street.
Grizz may be joining us as well. have not heard from him yet.

Phil
Old 09-20-2006, 05:27 PM
resigned

Head Count: Friday

Friday is looking to be the better weather day for the weekend but Saturday and the front that's comingand the ensuing wind may be the better day for the fish.

Looking for a head count for Friday AM at First Light..... meeting in the parking lot at Napatree Point. We will head straight out to the point in search opportunities. Nothing happening there we will be on the inside near the houseboat dropoff and salt pond.

From there we will head to the Weekapaug Breechway and then on to Quonny Salt Pond. We anticipate a full day of fishing/searching so get pleanty of sleep the night before. A nighttime foray will follow for those capable. Surf and it's size will determine whether or not we fish the outside. Storm Helen is well out to sea but may throw some 6-8 footers at us.

Phil
Old 09-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Pencil me in.....

Phil, when will you be PMing the cell phone list?
Old 09-20-2006, 06:52 PM
resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbasser
Phil, when will you be PMing the cell phone list?
Later tonight.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:55 PM
resigned

Fishing Report

The Thames River in Ct. is experiencing blitzes of major proportions up inside. The Sandy Point ...Napatree area is turning on thanks to the Pawcatuck River bait situation.

Phil
Old 09-21-2006, 09:05 AM

What are you guys doing Sat night? Still planning on go to the same place as last year?
We will be doing dinner at Burlingame for those who choose to skip the bar room.
We have the unusual pleasure of hosting the Big Z, head of the Z clan. Having secured his buck early this year, he's gonna spend precious hunting time chasing fish in Rhody with us.
Right now we are hoping for a game dinner but the fish have to cooperate.
Anybody wants to join us, bring some kind of munchie and we'll make it pot luck.
also remember, Burlingame is alcohol free and well enforced.
Not trying to hijack the clave, just offering a family friendly alternative to the bar for those interested.
I'm skipping the Napatree quest. Been there, done that, too many times. The exertion to success ratio is not balanced enough for me. Sure a blitz on the beach can be red hot, but the walk out there becomes tedious if the fishing isn't really hot.
Depending on the albie bite we will start at WW, or if no albies show Friday we may start sat at watch hill in hopes of a keeper for the game dinner.
Watch hill is an excellent choice for a night foray BTW, very good potential for big bass. I'm considering making an assault friday night weather permiting. There is no charge to park if you arrive early or late when no one is guarding the lot.
I won't be checking the forum again so will not reply to messages or pms.
Flag me down on the water if you see us. Good luck!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:43 AM

Sounds great Mike -

I'm also on the road in an hour or so. Plan to splash in N Kingstown on the way to Burlingame and check for these Bonito I've heard of invading the area. If I am extrememly lucky maybe we can add sashimi to the feast. We can always drop a shad for a keeper if need be.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.