A Distinguished Gentleman - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2006, 12:59 PM
resigned

A Distinguished Gentleman

It's always a pleasure to meet flyfisherman that have been waving a stick for over sixty years. I fished with fellow Forum member Art Burton this morning from his brand new Nissan Xterra. We worked the west side of a UDL on the incoming. Nothing happening. Tide went slack and the fishing...and catching began. All bass. All the wig hair I've been playing with( thanks to Grizz) has been producing well. Peacock herl over black over lavender over white with a little flash 5"s long. Size one hook.

Thanks again Artb for a wonderful morning out! Looking forward to more stories and of course.... the fishing.

Best tip of the day from Art? To wait it out for the tide to change. I learned tons about the area we fished that I thought I knew well.

Phil
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Fly chucker

It's great to hear that Art is out fishing again, and that you guys got into some fish. I have an idea of where you were fishing based on your vague discription.

I'll be in RI the entire last week of Septmeber (25th through the 1st), so maybe we'll bump into each other sometime then.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:03 PM

top flyfisher

It was my pleasure meeting Bonefishmon. He is real good, and catches fish to prove it, He caught more than four schoolies didn't watch him all the time perhaps I should as he is that good. I gues the rips I was fishing had no fish, cause I didn't catch any. Maybe next time some fish will make a mistake.
Mark, will try to get together with you when you get down. That week should be good and I will be able to drive the beach from Watch Hill to Charlestown. Right now there is fish there, but they are not on a feeding spree. Bonefishmon gave me a couple of killer flies so watchout I might catch one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	phils1.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	6051  

Last edited by artb; 09-09-2006 at 06:29 AM. Reason: added picture
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2006, 05:37 PM
resigned

Art. Thanks for the kind words but it was your expertise that showed me where the fish were along with the cormies on the wing. They led me right back to the spot we were fishing before the tide turned. Art now has a 9wt. Sage RPLXi to play with thanks to the lack of sleep I got last night. Left it in his fine beach buggy! LOL!!!!!!

Art. Hope to see you on the weekend of the 23rd for our Rhoddy Clave if not sooner. Please enjoy the rod while you have it.

Phil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.