Redington NTI 9wt - Fly Fishing Forum
For Sale by Owner Non-commercial items for sale!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-11-2006, 06:50 PM

Redington NTI 9wt

Lightly used, excellent cond. Very fast and powerful light rod with titanium-reinforced 84 million modulous butt. Takes 9wt or 10wt line. Comes with original tube and sock. Discontinued after Sage bought Redington, but Redington (Sage) still makes these rods just to honor warranty, impressive! No need for registration for warranty service (there was no registration back then anyway) Redington's high-end model sold for $625 new. $250 + shipping or best offer. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2006, 09:13 PM

Warranty is good

I have a number of NTI"s and recently broke the tip section of a 6 wt. Sent it in and in a week got a brand new rod. Best casting rod made!!
Old 09-02-2006, 08:54 PM

Yup!

For those who like fast action rods, this is probably a dream rod. Amazingly powerful butt is combined with a relatively soft tip. The rod is unbelievably light, too. It's just a bit too fast for me, though... For my casting ability in this line weight, something a bit more forgiving, like T&T Helix, is more suitable, I've found.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:25 AM

Redington NTI 9 wt

Fishordie,
I'm interested in your 9 wt NTI if you still have the rod, and it's 4 piece 9 footer. Would you consider $200 plus shipping for it? And if so, how would you suggest we handle the transaction so that were both comfortable with the arranged sale & delivery. Thanks, John
Old 09-06-2006, 04:47 PM

It's 3-pc

Speynut,

Thanks for the offer. That would be fine. But, unfortunately, the rod is 3-pc, not 4-pc. They use different modulous graphite from the tip to the butt (44M, 56M, 84M) to get the action and weight desired, I heard. You might find an NTI-Q, which is heavier than the NTI but similar in action, in a 4-pc configuration. I've seen a few of them floating around for $400 or so on the net.

If you are still interested in my NTI, please send me a PM.

Thanks.

Fishordie
Old 09-07-2006, 10:18 PM

It is a 9 footer

Sorry, I forgot to tell you its length. It is 9ft long in 3 piece configuration.
Fishordie
Old 09-08-2006, 11:49 PM

NTI

Fishordie,
Sorry about this public response but your current profile won't allow PMs. Your rod sounds terrific but I'm really looking for a 4 pc travel rod that I can shove in my luggage. These days I'm tired of hauling my RPLX 990-3 through airports, and I hate the thought of strapping it to my luggage and trusting the good will of baggage handlers. Once burned, now learned. I'm sure you understand. Good luck on your sale. Speynut
Old 09-11-2006, 08:02 PM

PM option fixed!

Speynut,
Thank you for your reply. I finally figured out why you couldn't send me a PM and fixed it. Sure, I understand why you insist on having a 4-pc rod. I guess a 9ft 3-pc is just a bit too long to fit in most luggage.
Fishordie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.