Fly Fishing Forum banner

Any Rip Trips?

7K views 79 replies 21 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Nice timing (though anemic) on the tide Saturday.

#5 ·
Ahh the "glorious twelfth" :smokin:

Since I won't be swinging a matched pair of Purdey's on my favorite grouse moor this year (well, I can dream, can't I? :rolleyes:), that week-end works for me too :D

#8 ·
OK... looks like we got the "usual" suspects!.. a really notrious bunch..... I will be fishing SB tomorrow with a friend namwed jack Fredman... then back in boston until Tuesday of next week... My real goal is to get 10 fly guys down for the overnight....... and Adrian!! we need Dave Pearson on the overnight....John

#16 ·
Rooster, as I told my brother last year, life is an adventure. You can choose to be a bystander or a participant. He chooses the former.

Let's see, since the Cape in June, you are going to the Baja, British Colombia, and back to the Cape In September. After that bird season and deer hunting. You are definitely a participant!

See ya next month.

#17 ·
Headed to BC first...,

Hey Jimbo,
I'll miss your rip trip, but Friday will find me flying towards Dungas Island, north of the Queen Charlottes out of Prince Rupert. We tore up the silvers in the salt last year and plan to do it again. It will be nice to need a jacket and long sleeve again as it has been HOT our here until this past week. I'm bringing the floating line this year as I caught several on poppers last August and it was a hoot.
I'll keep you posted when (if) I return! I even put new batteries in the GPS, as the sea fog up there can make for some interesting navigation. We'll be doing the self guided deal again and should be a good group.
Cheers,
DK
PS...., cabo isn't until Oct, which will be after CO bowhunts for Elk and bear...., would want to confuse you...,PPS-drew the Iowa bowtag...!:lildevl:

#19 ·
perfect tides

If the rip trip does'nt go off the canal and upper cape creeks all have plus and minus tides,usually makes for some great fishing,and exposes the canal to better access .The canal and upper cape creeks are full of juvi herring and large silversides.This mornings east tide had fish breaking from the edges out to the middle.I was throwing the conventional, though wishing I had brought the fly rod,or spey.

#24 ·
We're obviously waiting for final confirmation from the mayor on this one, but the current roster based on order of response to the thread seems to be (from top to bottom):
1) Striblue
2) Fishhawk (included in John's initial post)
3) Shadfreak
4) Adrian
5) Flydoc
6) CSJ60
7) jimS
8) bonefishmon
9) striperstripper
10) ?juro- posted "maybe" to this thread 8/3/06, then posted "probably in NH Saturday" in another thread on 8/7/06- please let us know if you can't make ASAP
11) FrankF (in if juro or anyone else pulls out)

If this is a no go, I'll have to decide whether to join Paul at the Canal with my two hander (tempting, as I've never been) or to hit SB with whomever shows at the refuge that AM. Decisions, decisions.....
Flydoc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.