Glacier National Park: Last Week of July - Fly Fishing Forum
The Quintessential Trout Trout angling is the core of flyfishing worldwide.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2006, 10:33 PM

Glacier National Park: Last Week of July

I'm staying in the Whitefish, MT area for the last week of July and will have a couple of days to spend fishing. I'd like to do at least one day with a guide and maybe explore on my own the second day. Any suggestions for guides and/or a place to spend the day exploring on my own would be appreciated. Some place with a good mix of scenery and a few fish would be great.

Thanks in advance,

-Scott
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2006, 03:22 AM
Michael Davidchik

Montana

The North Fork of the Flathead River is a great stream to fish. It bordering the West side of Glacier National Park. There are plenty of eager westlopes and a few Bull Troiut to great you. If you are in the Park, the tribs that flow into the North Fork have some nice fish in them too.
Another option is the Swan River. It is not too far out of Kalispell and again there is some great scenery and nice fish. You also might consider one of the Blackfoot Lakes. I am sure you have heard the stories about the size of fish in them.
Have fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.