Vancouver BC - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2006, 06:44 PM

Vancouver BC

I am going to Vancouver for two months June and July i was wondering can anybody recommend fishing near or around the city. I Fly Fish for trout mainly and if there are char or salmon then some of them. I cannot afford to much only a student on a visa from Ireland but was interested in trying to get some fishing in. I was told about the kamloops area being quite good but is this quite far away from the city. Thanks for any help.

Jack Prendergast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2006, 11:58 AM

Jack, ...

Unfortunately, from downtown vancouver, most fishing is a bit of a run.

Actually, Kamloops is only 3 hours from vancouver, and some good still water lakes are in the southwest region (merit, tunkwa, Douglas Lake...) so i's not quite so far.

Still water or rivers 'n streams ??

There are also a whole slury of ff'ing forums on the West Coast which coud be of some help (might help find a fishing partner too who is in the area )

Student Visa ?? UBC ??
Old 05-22-2006, 12:48 PM

Vancouver

Christopher

I would mainly like to fish rivers and streams but would fish lakes as well. I am on a student visa and hopefully would be staying near the UBC campus not sure yet. A couple of guys are going with me that would be interested in fishing as well. Is there a bus or train to kamloops or those other lakes that we could take or do you have to drive.

Thanks

Jack Prendergast
Old 05-22-2006, 01:42 PM
BB5 Survivor

Jack,

Check your PM.

-J
Old 05-22-2006, 02:15 PM

Smile

Jack, ...

Kamloops is world famous for sill water fishing. Unfortunately, ... from Kamloops to the surrounding lakes is not quite served by public transit.

IMHO, for rivers and streams, you could be well served in the Vancouver area. North Shore mountains, provincial parks, Whistler, Chilliwack river 90 kms from downtown)

Been a long time since I've hunted for lodging in Vancouver.

Find anything West of Grandville and you're within EASY bicylcing distance of the campus.

You lucky Dawg, .... What you studying ??
Old 05-22-2006, 08:00 PM

Thanks.

Thanks for the information guys I might take you up on some of your offers, I am not really studying there I am on a student work Visa for the summer though I have no job yet Christopher. Any contacts to get one to do with fishing? Thanks for the accomadition info as well.

Jack
Old 06-21-2006, 09:43 PM

In Vancouver

I am in vancouver now but i am going to Vancouver Island this coming weekend 24th june and will be there for the weekend till monday morning will be sailing into Nanaimo on the ferry. Obviously there is lots of fishing on the island can you recommend any campsites that has some fishing near by preferably in a river but a lake would be good to. Would like to catch my first pacific salmon!

Jack.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.